+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attitude Improvement

Diane, I grew up near Ithaca. I needed some orthopedic surgery when I was young and feel I got great treatment. My father had cancer and I feel he had really awful treatment. I have reason to believe he might have lived many more years if he had used a different doctor and hospital.

What I'm trying to say is that there may be great medicine available to you locally or it may suck. If you don't feel comfortable with what you are getting head downstate to the best expertise available to you. Don't let your locations determine the quality of your care.

Best wishes!

Diane,

You have no idea how much I echo what 'Oldfrat' said. Suffice to say, and without exaggeration, the only reason I am still breathing is because I was rushed out of town and got medical care downstate.

Allan

Fair well Diane, I will look forward to more posts from you, I enjoy your stories and episodes, not to mention your website.

"CARPE DIEM" Jonezee

my prayers will be with you also. Sometimes in life we get dealt a rotten hand but I think you can turn this one into aces

Dianne, Best wishes with you health situation. I've been going thru a series of minor issues (2 minor surgeries) and was getting set to be cleared to return to work this week. Today I spent almost 5hours in the ER after taking a hard fall on the (non-casting) shoulder. Doc says probably a sprained AC ligament, but possible rotator cuff injury...I was feeling pretty sorry for myself as I type this w one hand and using the other to keep icepack in place...(AS in- what a dope!- I can't even walk without screwing myself up)It'll all work out for both of us I'm sure. In the meantime- I'm doing more tying. Hope you feel better soon, Jim p.s. My boss aint gonna believe this...

[This message has been edited by backbeach (edited 14 May 2006).]

Nearly 40 years ago I 'overworked' my right arm in industry and developed 'tennis elbow' which was finally fixed by surgery. Spent several months recuperating and strengthening the arm on the trout stream; fly-casting. 'Rehab' ain't always a bad thing...

I love the sound of casting as rehab. Maybe I'll get that lucky! In the meantime, fly tying for me.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Flycasting is what gave me elbow problems. They only flare up in May and June.

+ Reply to Thread