+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sun Gloves

Default Sun Gloves

Can anyone recommend a good comfortable pair of these? I'm thinking of getting a pair of SPF 50 gloves. Thanks

I have a pair I got some where but don't like to use them. I tend to get the fly hook stuck in them so mine have several holes from yanking out the hook. Use lot'sa sun screen Allyn

I couldn't tell if the one's on the Kauffman link JC put up fit this description fit this description, but make sure to get some that have a solid back and not the type with the velcro and hole. You will burn where that hole is if sunblock is not applied there. I think still having the need for sunblock there negates the main point of having sungloves.

I don't like to put sunscreen on my hands, so I use these:

[url=http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=15182&hvarTarget=search& cmCat=SearchResults:e09d3]http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=15182&hvarTarget=search& cmCat=SearchResults[/url:e09d3]

Those are the same ones I use, and they're secular. (non-holey. sorry, bad joke)They're actually marketed by the same folks that do Temple Fork rods.

All things being equal, I'd much rather everybody's dollars go to Randall Kauffman than Johnny Morris though.

those also go plenty far enough up your arm to not have an exposed spot between your glove and shirt-sleeve.

Thanks guys. I hate sunscreen too!

I understand not liking sunscreen. I detest the white creamy greasy @#$#. Try the alcohol based clear stuff -- its not grasy. I like the Bull Frog version but there are others Allyn

I found a pair of dark green gardening gloves at Target that seem to be made of the same kind of stretchy lycra that swimsuits are made of. I cut off the fingertips. Cool enough for hot weather.

One thing I'll do differently next time is to hem the fingers after cutting the tips off. The seams have just barely outlived the season. Superglue would do the trick, I guess.

I used to be one of the guys that only put a little sunblock on the back of my hands. Did it for four years while going down to Belize to fish the flats and got away with it. This year my luck ran out and I guess I didn?t apply enough. After the first day my hands blew up like a couple of red melons. Lasted the entire week. I was able to fish but it sure was uncomfortable. I will be wearing sungloves while fishing there from now on.
    FFF Life Member #22

+ Reply to Thread