+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally

Default Finally

I handed in my final no questions asked final copy of my Master's thesis today. I finally get to change my occupation in my profile so that I don't sound like I can't graduate from college. The best part is that I can afford to become a full time striper bum for the next couple years. This is fishing related because as of this afternoon I am taking a few days off for a graduation gift to myself to go North and try and get some Landlocked salmon.

------------------
    Who has time for stress when there are fish to catch.
    Nick
    Your hooks sharp????

way to go nick. i'm proud of you (not the graduation part but the striper bum part!)

dave

Nick

Come to Florida and fish with us. Heck the water is almost 80 degrees. A far cry from when we had the fish-in. It was way down in the low 60's

Congrats on your finish, but you should stay and get the DR.

College was just too much fun for me, I should have stayed there. If I had it would now be 34 years, I wonder how many degrees that would have been. <grin>

Harold

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

CONGRATULATIONS NICK. That certainly is wonderful news. You deserve the break---enjoy! 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

Nick, ... A BIG Congrats !! to you.

Now go out and FISH !!!

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://flyanglersonline.com/travel/quebec06fishin/:05f71]2006 FishIn Ste-Marguerite River[/url:05f71]
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:05f71]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:05f71]
    Christopher Chin

Nick,

Congratulations on the completion of your thesis. Well done! Enjoy the days ahead chasing the fish ... you've earned it.

Good for you Nick. Whenever I feel crappy I think of all the work it took to get my Masters's/. You may be proud of yourself for this marvelous accomplishment. Best wishes to you.

Yes, congrats Nick.
    I sort of remember how much work it was to get one of those MS things. Mine was back in the '60s so it isn't too clear now. I do know for sure though, that it was worth it. I'm sure that you will find that to be true too. Have a great life, and be sure to include lots of fishing.

Bob

------------------
    There is a fine line between fly fishing, and standing in the water waving a stick.

Congratulations, Nick. We've got the same alma mater. But forget all of that....

How Were The Landlocks???
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Thanks for all the support guys. I got fed up with the Landlocks and switched over to my old friends Mr. Micropterus dolomieui and Mr. Esox niger.

I trolled a fly around Alligator lake four times in about 10 hours without even seeing any activity of any type of fish. Besides the wind was kicking up 1-2 ft white caps that aren't too fun to paddle the yack perdendicular to without getting swamped.

So I switched over to the penobscot and pasadumkeag rivers the next couple days for smallmouth and caught a couple dozen with two that were 20 inches and close to 4 pounds

------------------
    Who has time for stress when there are fish to catch.
    Nick
    Your hooks sharp????

+ Reply to Thread