+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fly fishing people are different

Default fly fishing people are different

If you have a problem with your Explorer or Windows when you call the Company your not going to talk to Bill Ford or Bill Gates. I posted a question on the Rod building thread concerning signing a blank I'm building. On a whim I got a hold of Batson's 800 number. After I explained my problem the receptionist put me on hold and Cary Batson came on the line. We talked for probably 15 minutes about everything from Steelhead fishing to rod finishing. I hope these people never get so big that they forget that some people want to talk to real people with real experience concerning the products they sell.
    It's kind of like sending an E-mail to Faol and getting a reply directly back from JC or Deanna.

------------------
    "Illegitimus nil Carborundum"

Isn't that just the kewlest thing?!? Had the pleasure of visiting with Kerry a short while ago, and the outcome was exactly as promised! Batson's got it going where product and customer service is concerned!!

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Coach, ...

I know what you mean. I had a question about color choice for a rain jacket a friend wanted to order. Sent the inquiry to Chota ... Frank Bryant, President of Chota Outdoor Gear got in touch to answer the question.

That's service.

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://flyanglersonline.com/travel/quebec06fishin/:435bb]2006 FishIn Ste-Marguerite River[/url:435bb]
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:435bb]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:435bb]
    Christopher Chin

I've had the pleasure of chatting with both folks with similar results, plus they really stand behind their products. That, and I know for a fact, that Frank from Chota is a fine fly fisherman as well.

If any of you ever deal with Elkhorn rods and reels, expect to talk with Brian, the owner, in a similar fashion.

REE

I agree with REE. Brian at Elkhorn is very accessible and helpful.

I also will say the same thing about Lon from Thomas and Thomas, and Tom Dorsey before him. These people are in it for love of the sport as well as money and it shows. Thank you all.

jed

+ Reply to Thread