I'll try not to make this too long, but back around Christmas time a close friend of mine asked if I had any old hunting/fishing magazines she could send her son in Iraq. He said they were starving for anything to do with the outdoors. I had a couple of years of Gray's Sporting Journal and I figured that wouldn't be something they'd see a lot of over there.

Here's excerpts from a note I received today, mailed March 18th.

"Hey Guy,

Thank you so much for sending the magazines. I know this is really late but you can blame my mom. See, she mailed them on December 27th. I received them on March 15th. So as you can see, somehow it's her fault....

Hear you went fishing with my brother. Is he finally figuring out how to catch a fish or two?

So how was hunting season there? I've got some possible new ground to hunt for deer and pheasant near Independence, so when I get home we will have to check it out.

I'm doing ok here. I'm almost half-way done. I'm really getting tired of this country though. Summer is coming. It's getting hotter every day. It's starting to get ridiculous.

If all goes well, I should be home in October. I look forward to a long day of hunting followed by a bottle of whiskey. This year of sobriety sucks.

Take care.. thank you again..

love,
Spc..bb"

Just yesterday, he was a little kid.

I'm putting together another box of magazines tonite. If you know people there, it's thought.

Thanks for looking..g