+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AOL

Hey Bill,

All ya gotta do is check the results
    here on FAOL between the 1st and 3rd day
    of the month.*G* Warm regards, Jim

Bill, this is from PC magazine:

Of course, ISPs aren't judged on price alone. Despite higher fees, readers still prefer cable to DSL. Cable services receive an overall average of 7.8, compared with DSL's 7.6. What is it people like about cable? Ease of setup and, more important, speed. Readers score cable speeds at an average of 8.2, while DSL speeds get a 7.5. Reliability scores, however, are a wash.

Naturally, some providers fare better than others. Readers are impressed with the speed and reliability of cable providers Road Runner, Optimum Online, and Cox, and despite average to significantly worse-than-average ratings for price, these three sit atop our broadband survey. EarthLink and Insight Broadband also fare well on the broadband side. Adelphia and Qwest scored poorly, with satellite provider DirecWay singled out for harsh criticism. On the dial-up side, EarthLink is all alone at the top?and AOL is all alone at the bottom.

Firefox
    -free
    -secure
    -not as many pop-ups

its great I love it, but as someone stated above i have had some trouble getting somethings to work on it such as streaming video from a few sites, and I cang find the plug in but then i use IE as they do.

I don't know if this has anything to do with AOL or not. I'm not literate enough to know. I have AIM, and who know what else on my computer now. My problem: I changed to high speed hook-up yesterday. I deleted cookies out of the system at that time. Since then, my old username and password doesn't work, since I had to change e-mail addresses. Every time I try to log a new post, it asks for my name and password, and doesn't sign my (new) username at the end. How do you make changes that will stick? Do you have to go through the administrator? I'd like my old user name back with the new e-mail address, if I can get it. HELP!!

------------------

Lew,

email LF,She got me fixed up after I stupidily changed my email in my profile......she fixed this for me....Don't go into your edit feature here and try changeing it...it'll really screw you up...everything you do here is based on that some how....
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Lewie? Please email me with your old email address AND the new one.
    publisher@flyanglersonline.com

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

I love all this AOL smack talking. I agree with it. AOL is the worst out there hands down--the perfect example of how people are fooled by nifty marketing (I could say the same for Microsoft actually). Bleck

Amazing what happens with products and politians when they have the best propagandists. (Is there such a word?) I like Linux. Mandriva is safe, secure and easy. It plays friendly with my laptop and PCs. SuSE is good too. (Confession time: I have one AOL account, but that's because I'm a genealogist, and I would hate to miss a potential cousin to those brick walls I have. But I also do not have AOL's dial up. I have DSL and AOL is only $7.95)

+ Reply to Thread