I retired from AT&T as Supervisor-Microwave Tower, Antennae and Waveguide Engineering. Way back in 1990 with the intent of putting in 20 years with a municipality for a second retirement plus social security. Best laid plans huh? Went to work for Worldcom, They promoted me from installation tech, to traveling lead tech, to Western Region Installation Manager. Then they transferred me to Atlanta and they went bankrupt. I was laid off.....would just rather been laid.....guess I really was......I got screwed. For two years couldn't find work. Cost me $20,000 to move back to AZ. I have an FCC license and a pretty darn good resume but couldn't find work. Gave up my career and paid $3,000 to drive a truck. No one would hire me......THAT's when I found out why I couldn't find work in a high level technical position with any big firm. BACKGROUND CHECKS! My common name had other criminal records attached to me. I was told I had attacked a police officer, sold drugs, done time. None of it ME. Now there is a warrant for a man with my name and he doesn't even have a middle name and HIS warrant was attached to my MVD record and ISS attached to my fingerprint file. The ONLY thin that matches me on the entire warrant is Name and Date of Birth. Now I don't see how the admin people can attache that to me when it is not my soc sec #, drivers license #, never lived in El Paso...the address on warrant, am a 5'9" white male.....the warrant is for a 6"-3" black male....(I have nothing against black males.....point is it is pretty easy to prove I am not the person that warrant is for) was not in the state of AZ when his violation occurred......"consumption of alcohol while riding". I hope he was riding on a jackass. Anyway....too late to make a long story short. The wife finally informed me the WORLD had retired ME so just forgot about job hunting and be retired. That's ok sorta...but I never got to the point in MY mind where I made the decision to stop work. I kept on looking for work for 3 years. The manager of criminal records told me to carry a copy of the warrant at all times because if ever stopped they will lock me up. I need the warrant to show it's not me. Now I think I am even on a sexual predator's list. The only place I feel ok now is out in nature fishing. The business world, the big cities, the concrete jungles suck. I used to be able to spend money at will. Now the exact 180 degree opposite. I can't afford to rub two nickels together.

Sorry guys.....lot of pent up energy in my chest over all this crap that has happened to me. Going from ok to poor. The social security office actually recommended I change my name! I may....to Gemrod Wolf Williams. (I just have a fondness for wolves)

Again apologize but what I do NOW is try to learn to tie flies, build rods, and catch fish. All of which aren't going all that well.

Gem