+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lewis and clarke

Default Lewis and clarke

any body order from this outfit and found that they don't answer when trying to resolve wrong items in the order?

I have tried to order from them a few times.
    can never talk to a "real" person.

The site was down for along time, but
    then was up and running again.

Would steer clear of them. Have never placed an order, but have not heard
    anything good about them.

------------------
    **MW**

Stay as far away from them as possible!!

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

There was a thread on another board a couple of months ago of a guy who was having a horrible experience with them. They had charged his credit card for a rod, hadn't shipped, and were being totally unresponsive to him.

He called the rod manufacturer for help and was told they weren,t an authorized dealer.

From that thread, they sounded like a good site to avoid doing business with.

I have never heard of anyone with a good experience with them. I tried to purchase a vise from them a few years ago-before I knew better. Luckily I paid with a credit card, and the card company dealt with them. I got my money back. I can't believe they are still in business and still ripping people off.

Stay away from the Lewis and Clark Fly Shop!

I tried to order a Gatti rod blank from them back before Christmas...they took the credit card number and processed it for the correct price (over $200). I never received the rod, emailed them many times and finally went through the credit card company and got my money back.

I reported them to the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General, but haven't seen anything get done as of yet. They are frauds, and should not be dealt with and kept in business.

I've heard many bad things about them, and those who have received their equipment either get the wrong items or they are broken...and that is IF they receive the items at all.

I guess once upon a time, they were an OK business, but somewhere along the line it changed hands or something...

Here is where I originally posted it, sorry it is from the board I normally frequent but it explains a lot about Lewis and Clark "Fly Shop":
    [url=http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=427654:8b842]http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=427654[/url:8b842]

If anybody has any problems with them, report them to the Attorney General...they need enough complaints before they can take action. Apparently a whole bunch of people getting ripped off isn't enough...

[This message has been edited by Spud (edited 27 February 2006).]

Man you people are a God send. I was close to ordering a cane blank from them. Thank you.

------------------
    "Illegitimus nil Carborundum"

No wonder all the poor service:
    The Lewis and Clark expedition took some 7,690 miles. It took 28 months (2 years and 4 months) for the whole expedition. The Lewis and Clark journey opened up a new frontier for fur trade with the indians but also a route to the west. Lewis later became governor of Louisiana Territory. He then died in 1809. Clark was governor of Missouri Territory and served as Superintendent of Indian Affairs. He died a much longer life than Lewis. Clark died in 1838. It seems the two have been deceased for a few years now.

I recently heard of these guys and went to their website and it said their domain name had expired on 2/20/2006 and is now pending renewal or deletion.

Hopefully they get deleted. I don't see how anybody could let those frauds stay online!

Maybe all of my (and others) complaints will take effect after all.

These guys had been ripping people off for years.

------------------

+ Reply to Thread