+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Folks!

Default Hi Folks!

This is my first post here. I though I'd do it on the Sound Off board. Anyway, this seems like a good place to talk about flyfishing and share good information and stories. I have enjoyed reading through the bulletin board threads and the main website. This is a great website for sure. It's good to have it on the net. Keep it up. I'm sure I'll be posting some messages in the future. For now, Cheers!

[This message has been edited by mtnstream (edited 20 February 2006).]

welcome. You come from a lovely part of the country. Jump right in here!

mtnstream,

Welcome to the best website on flyfishing, flytying, rod building and all the info you could possibly want. I will look forward to your posts on the BB. We can always use another opinion and idea on this great passion called flyfishing. JC and LF run a tight ship here and some do not like it, but, it keeps the "house" clean and gives you a web site you can show your family and be proud of.

Welcome

------------------
    Warren

[This message has been edited by WarrenP (edited 20 February 2006).]
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Mtnstream, ...

A warm welcome to you.

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum1/HTML/015738.html:7e98c]2006 FishIn Ste-Marguerite River[/url:7e98c]

[url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:7e98c]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:7e98c]
    Christopher Chin

Welcome mtnstream! Glad you found the site. As you can see from the menu on the left, LF and JC have put together a tremendous research for all who come to this site. You'll find the free exchange of ff & ft information here top notch.

Again, welcome!
    Trout don't speak Latin.

mtnstream,
    Welcome! I see you're from Morgantown...my nephew studied Thoracic Surgery there...UWV is one FINE school. Stand tall & be proud! I believe UWV either leads or is near the top in Rhodes scholars. Is that Italian restaurant, "Rose's" still in business? Some GREAT food there.
    Nice picture & beautiful State. Maybe some day we can meet in the water or for sure at Cabelas! Post if & when you go & maybe we can get a bunch of us together...after all, we are talkin' family here!
    Mike

------------------
    This site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

nighthawk Guest

Hello mtnstream,
    You are going to like this place. I thought I recognized those mountains. I am from a little town north of Pittsburgh but I have family in your area. Moved to the Harrisburg, Pa. area about 12 years back. Lots of great fly fishing in the tri-state area and I sure do miss it.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!

Hey thanks for the welcome everyone!

Rose's is still here, thank goodness (thats sweet you know Rose's!). It's a great little place to relax and eat very good Italian food. The food in this area is starting to really get good, which is great for me . In my eyes there is not much better than fine food, except flyfishing! Morgantown is a nice place to be. I fish alot in the area, so anytime! I love fishing with good folks who love fishing as much as I do.

The pic in my first post is of the Dry Fork River outside of Parsons, WV. A great place for free camping with plenty of wild trout in the area(although you gotta go far upstream on the Dry Fork to get away from stockers, the tribs though, mmm mmm) That pic is a great thing to wake to. And not far you'll find stuff like this, which can provide very colorful days of fishing.

sorry I just love pics

mtnstream,

I tried to send this reply yeserday but was unsuccessful. Learning curve apparently steepens with age. I too am a newbie on this board but confident I'll learn soon.

The message was to say that your photos are beautiful, especially the last two. Sorry ladies, God's most beautiful creature is the brook trout. And your 'crick' photo reminds me of spots here in morthern Michigan. We don't have the rhodies but that's not all bad. They make beautiful flowers but I understand they also extract many flies as tax for using the 'crick'.

Wonderful photos and greetings from one newbie to another.

Bill

------------------
    Name indicates where I fish and for what I fish.

[This message has been edited by littlebrook (edited 22 February 2006).]
    Name notes where I fish and for what I fish.

mtnstream & littlebrook;
    Welcome to you both. You'll enjoy it here.

+ Reply to Thread