+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Camping Product

Chewydog;
    Good point!! As with any food prep. when camping. I can close it in my pop up and leave a window open.

yeah Mikey, you were tempting me with that recipe on the phone the other night....I can only imagine how good that must have been.....but I did have fresh broken GREEN BEANS....hehehehe!!!

Ok folks,
    Here's the recipe:

1) 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
    2) 1 lb hot Italian sausage
    3) 4 (maybe 6) cloves garlic, minced
    4) 1 cup chopped green pepper
    5) 1/2 cup chopped onion
    6) 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
    7) 2 TBL fresh parsley/I use 2 tsp dried
    1 tsp dried oregano
    9) 1/2 tsp chili powder
    10) 1/4 tsp fennel seed

In dutch oven or large saucepan, cook 1st 5 ingredients 'til sausage is no longer pink. Recipe says "drain", I say "leave the grease"..keeps your innards from dryin' out!
    Add tomato sauce & seasonings (items 6 thru 10) & bring to a boil. cover & simmer for 30 minutes. Serve on your choice of rolls with shredded mozzarella cheese. Would also make a GREAT coney sauce!

Jack...My wife got a "smooth top" stove & I can't use my cast iron on it...I have a 7 qt C/I dutch oven & maybe some other pans you can have..say the word & I'll bring 'em to the next Cabelas meeting!

Leo...I hope you enjoyed those beans!..Mikey

Mike

------------------
    This site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Jack......
    Sounds to me, like you will be bear baiting while everyone is out fishing.
    FFF Life Member #22

are you sure? I have a halogen glass cooktop, cast iron, arcoroc and heavy based pans are best, light stuff and ironically cheap pots are next to useless.

Guy's please take note of the word "NEW" in my post!! Could this let the non "Dutch Oven" cook make a nice hot meal?
    I will gladly exchange Crock Pot Recipies for Dutch Oven Recipies.

Blog Entries

lol. Well Jack I've cooked venison roast using John White's "North Woods Roast Beef & Wild Rice" in the What's Cookin' Archives in both the Dutch oven and the crock pot. *It Is A Winner!*

by the way - thanks John.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

Jack, is the oven set-up for the large propane tank or do you have to use the small green screw on type? Just wondering how much fuel one would use? Crock pots equate to long periods of cooking time and that means lots of fuel. I imagine you turn it down to a low setting or does it even have settings. My neighbor is a charcol, big black barrel cooker, I go the Weber Propane route. Yeah, I get lots of ribbing from him and my son too. Honestly, I enjoy the the end result either way. I have also noticed it takes him twice as many brewski's to cook his ribs than mine. Yes, mine fall of the bone too. Jonezee

its all very well telling us about this new product and yes its a good idea BUT many people forget this is a site used by people is 100+ countries. Only 2 countries have access to these things. When you can mention an alternative for those who dont have the means or the opportunity to purchase one then thats a good thing. It is very easy to forget that flyfishing is an international pastime and not a soley american one.

Jonezee;
    It takes the small tank. 5 hours on high 10 on low. I would adapt it to a 30 pound tank though.
    Jo;
    It's available on line from several sites.

+ Reply to Thread