Several points from several posts got me thinking and I can no longer contain myself. I think Gigmaster should be aware that timber sale reciepts are an integral part of school district budgeting in logging areas. Having lived in McCall Idaho for over 20 years and playing golf with the business administrator of the McCall/Donnelly school district every day for most of those years I know first hand that they rely heavily on the monies they recieve from the Forest Service from timber sales. Speaking of McCall, if my assumption is correct about the woman Joe Hyde talked with while visiting McCall was talking about streams around there I think she was referring to land locked kokanee that migrate in and out of Payette Lake and Cascade resevoir in spawning season. The closest sea-run salmon and steelhead are 50 or 60 miles away around Riggins.
Now to a confusing point; I've been a fly fisherman all my life but only began tying since recieving tying tools for Christmas last year. My question is, I have four or five real good books on fly tying with lots of patterns included but I wonder why do recipes and patterns vary so much between authors when describing the same named fly?