+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Woolly Wisdom" arrived today!!

Default "Woolly Wisdom" arrived today!!

Got my copy of Gary Soucie's book, "Woolly Wisdom", today and it is great! Peter Frailey's part in the book is great! I was not aware that there are tying recipes for 400 patterns for Woolly Worms and Woolly Buggers in the book. My opinion only is that this is a "must have" for those who are nymph or wet fly fisherman. The only negative thing about the book is that I will probably be up all night tying different patterns!

Gary Soucie and Peter Frailey, you done good!

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

nighthawk Guest

400!! Yikes, looks like I better get that book and more tying materials! Have fun, WarrenP.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!

Warren,

Thanks for the heads up. The woolly bugger is one of my favorite goto flies. I can't imagine 400 different ways to tie to wooly bugger/worm. Have fun reading and tying.

Warren;
    If ohiotuber ties 200 and I tie 200 we'll be ready for the June visit! I better get started. At 2 per day I can do it, oops I better get the book first!

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus

Jack,

I really hope all the plans work out for you and Mike to make the trip here in June. I know I am really looking forward to your visit. I will have enough flies tied up for the both of you when you get here and we can fish all day and tie all night! I hope the weather cooperates.

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Blog Entries

Whoa. Hello. Hey Warren, are we 'spectin' comp'ny in June? We're gonna have to figure out a place to hide away all of our saltwater bluegill. We shore don't want 'em to find out about the lake at Fall Creek Falls State Park, now, do we?
    Too bad there ain't no trout down here, nope, not nary a one...

Ed

EdD,

Trout? What's that? Trout in Tennessee? Nope!! Oh, by the way, I have put the Jack Daniel's Distillery and the George Dickel Distillery on alert for this June when the company arrives!

I sure hope I can show them a good time and can convince them that we do not have any trout in these here parts!

------------------
    Warren
    Warren

Hey Ed,
    There ain't no saltwater gills in Tennessee!!!...At least, there ain't no WILD ones, like there is in Ohio! Jus' puny l'ol' stockers...they eats creamed corn!
    I hope you can read this...I used the "Warren P Tennessee English Primer". I HOPE that's a language the rest of us can understand!!!
    Mike

------------------
    This site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread