Sorry for the delay Tim. I am guessing you run Windows XP given that you indicated you were using Windows beta spyware. To do this, you need to right click on your My Computer on the desktop, select the Advanced Tab --> Performance Setting button --> Advanced tab in the resulting dialog box --> Change button for Virtual Memory. You can set your paging memory or swap file to whatever size you want, or you can disable it with the appropriate choices.

What I was suggesting was disable the swap page, run a thorough disk scan on subsequent boot, reenable the swap file on subsequent restarts back to the amount indicated above (so track it somehow I guess) or if the system manages it, reselect that option. Just make sure that the drive does have enough space for one file of the suggested or configured size, just in case there are bad sectors where the swap file is and the OS marks the sectors bad (you probably don't want a swap file around bad sectors even if the OS lets you, as bad sectors tend to grow around a problem area).

If you are worried about contigious space, you can use the Disk Defragementer tool found in Computer Management to free up some contigious space for the new swap file. I find it best to just run the defrag tool on a system left alone (and if possible, kill as many unnecessary processes as possible) to allow the defrag to progress quickly.