+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Removing Posts from For Sale board

Default Removing Posts from For Sale board

I got's another sound off. I wish people would just delete their for sale post once an item is no longer available. I doubt any of the items are for sale where someone desparately needs the money quickly. If it's sold or spoken for just delete it. If it doesn't go thru just post it again. I was outside doing chores and thinking about the danvise. I got's my chores done, came in and listened to the old hag....uh uh...just kiddin', listened to the wife and then got to the computer, fired her up, got to the board, clicked on it only to find it gone. If it had been deleted by the original poster I would have just read all the other things I want to read. I know this sounds like a cry baby and maybe it is. But it happens all the time. And it seems sooooo easy for the post to just be deleted once it is sold.

Gem

Gem,

Greeting from the foothills. Don't know if your response was to me or not but I wanted to explain.
    I had a post on "Things Wanted" regarding a true rotary vise. About 3 days later someone had a danvise in the "For Sale" section. I purchased that particular vise and removed my post from "Things Wanted". I hope I didn't jump the gun but was under the impression that if I found what I was looking for I could remove my post.

Cheers, and have a great weekend.
    GQualls

GQualls,
    Well, you did the right thing. And that is what I want people to do in the "For Sale" board. When it's gone just delete your original for sale post. You just happen to be handy for me to refer to....because I was thinking about that Danvise. I have two vises already...but I have a couple of instructional things from Al Beatty using the Danvise. One is a DVD and one is a VHS tape. But NO it was not directed at you at all. It wasn not meant for any particular person. It's just that many times I go to the bother of reading a for sale only to get to the last couple of posts and find it is gone. Soooooo I would rather the original poster had just removed his post. It is getting to where if a post has more than "3" msgs on it I am probably not going to look at it at all because chances are it is gone.

It's not a big thing. Just sorta an idea I wish people would pick up on. Thanks for taking that Danvise outta my mind!

Have a good ride my friend.

Gem

[This message has been edited by Plain Old Jim (edited 22 January 2006).]

Thats not always so..I have an Item up at the moment..with 4 hits and it's still available to whomever says sold....still have to get a few other things collected for another post...But if and when these things do sell..they will be deleted I assure you!

Kind of a pet peve of mine as well.

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

Everyone wants to excel in this sport but at the same time we let traditionalists place restrictions on our tactics, methods, and ideas. I always assumed that fly fishing was a sport that allowed imagination, creation, adaptation, investigation, dedication, education, revelation? : Fox Statler, On Spinners (Not the dainty Dry Fly kind) "Spinner'd Minner Fly"

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

It's in the rules to delete after sold....just do it...

I don't understand the cluttering posts like..."you got email"..."email me"...and so on....the interested buyer ought to just email the seller ...get his info....conduct their business behind the scenes and move on...

+ Reply to Thread