+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Redington demonstrates great service again!

Default Redington demonstrates great service again!

I recently broke the tip section on my Redington Wayfarer. I called them and they sad just send it in your name and address and $20 for processing and shipping. They never even asked how I broke it! Don't ask either because I will take the fifth. They told me it would take about two days to have it shipped back to me. I received my rod back as promised with a new tip and they even through in a brand new cloth rod bag and case.

I've never had to use a warranty before on a rod but knowing what a great company Redington is makes me appreciate my rods from them even more! I own four Redington rods and would highly recommend the rods and the company.

------------------
    Joe

Just be careful about breaking a DFR series. They no longer have enough stock to replace those great rods. Redington did offer another rod, which was appreciated, but it fell short of the DFR...

[This message has been edited by PaulM (edited 09 January 2006).]

I just sent a rod to Cortland. They discontinued the model that I had, so I'm getting something different, like you. We'll see how the new rod matches up.

This warranty thing is pretty swell, I have to agree.

Joe

Thanks for posting your experience. I may be in the market for a multi piece rod and have been looking at the Wayfarer. I have no experience with Redington. So it helps to read good things about the company.

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

I'm glad you had good luck with Redington. I own two Wayfareres and a couple of their two piece rods all with a lifetime warranties. I haven't broke one so far but it's nice to know the company stands behind their products.

+ Reply to Thread