This poor soul is going to suffer surviver's guilt and post traumatic stress disorder. He is going to need every prayer and good wish we can send his way. I understand that he was moved to Pittsburgh today. He is getting the finest medical care there is. He and his family are surrounded by some of the very best physical and mental health care providers there are.

As for the press they are victims of their own technology. During W.W.II and Korea it took time to develope the films and gather information for the story. With a few exceptions, it was not instantaneous reporting from the field as it is today. This gave all involved time to confirm their information and think about what they were going to report. Add to that the fact that the stories then had to "clear channels" with the military. Instant on the spot reporting first appeared in the Viet Nam war. It's impact was not good but it sold television markets. I feel that over the years the press has perverted this into a very bad thing. Just my opinion.

I pray for young Mr. McCloy, his fellow miners and all of their families. May The Lord wipe away their tears. May they find healing and comfort in He who created the fishes and the sea. Amen.

------------------
Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!