OK don't want to sound like a Grinch all of a sudden, but rippoff & plain outragious dishonesty just killed my Holiday spirit for a day !!!! I was at Home Depot & bought some wood smoling chips (I Hickory smoke turkeys every Christmas). This amounted to
$8.67 !!! I hand the checkout lady a $20 bill. She gives me back $1.33 in change. I pointed out to her that she short changed me & she argued. She made us stand there for 30 minutes while she went through her act of counting the register. SHe interestingly claims that there were no $10 bills in the cash drawer !!!! She also won't give me the receipt I demanded back. I took her name down. I asked to speak to the manager. A supposed assistant manager showed up, went back saying he counted the cash drawer. Interesting, each time the drawer was counted the amount kept changing !!!! I left with a sour taste in my mouth & the Christmas Spirit killed for the moment.
The assistant manager was even flippant.
Tis the seaon for dishonesty (I would have hoped not). I hope like me you want to give your patronage to honest businesses !!! Sad to say, Home Depot is not one of them !!!!!!