+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just curious

SilverMallard - hilarious, well done.

Sorry to interrupt guys.

By the way, I agree with you Ray.

------------------
    We do not inherit the earth - we borrow it from our children.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Yes, it is usually annoying. Occassionally, it leads to something sort of related that's worthwhile. But it is entirely unavoidable on BBSs.

I didn't realize Vince Young is only a junior. Thanks for straightening me out, Mike.

In my opinion...and no offense to the youngsters...it's mostly kids who do the really dorky hijacking.

------------------
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I recently asked a question to which only one person implied that they knew anything at all about what I was asking about.
    The rest were .."I don't know but"...
    I was happy to get some responses at all rather than a big zero.

How 'bout that 1.Duke v.2.Texas Saturday. Thought the texas big guys would dominate but Duke blew them away. love college BB
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

This is a Hijacking!!
    You guy's commin' to the Fish-In?
    (The Pirates a very good at it, but then they should be and I tolerate it! Knowing who they are.)
    Here's a "Redirection".
    You inquire about a tying material and I suggest another! Am I wrong? Or, did I help?
    You want to build a rod and I suggest H&H. Is this a misdirection?

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus

I have one of those Fly boxes that was talked about,And if your looking for one for parts this one would be great for that.
    The box shell it's self is mint..but I was going to modify it and started to drill out the rivets on the left side all the clips are present and can be put back with small pop rivits...other than that it's a good box...I did not know what your reasons were for asking either and did not want to interupt the thread till your answer was posted....not that I had checked back after that first time...

I've also ask'd q's and had "replies" 10 in a row to be exact...lol..Yes I still remember that post...That right from the get go,Had notta to do with what I'd asked...But eventually things did get straighted out and my answers did come..only took 2 days!!!..Not bad for a bunch of fisherman...lol I still found it a tad annoying...and I'll not name the second person who fueled the off track fire...Hummm...lol

[This message has been edited by billknepp (edited 13 December 2005).]
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

The key to this, in my view, is that people should show some respect for the post immediately before them.

That is, if you use some common decency and acknowledge the post, then its hard to sidetrack, and the other guys post doesn't get ignored because everyone starts to comment on what you have said. Does this make sense? It's one thing that annoys me, and I think is related to this problem of sidetracking. Sure you can say, "Yes Fred, but..." but at least you are somewhere on track.

If you ignore "Fred" and make a statement then the next comment relates to either what you have said, or some other disjointed thought that jumped into someones head when they read your post, and they just have to say their bit. The thread then goes further into oblivion if they do not acknowledge you.

------------------
    We do not inherit the earth - we borrow it from our children.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

+ Reply to Thread