For everyone's information,

I just got a telephone call from daughter. Seems as if she ordered a gift certificate for my wife(birthday) and the company was to have emailed the certificate to my wife. Well, we have 'EZ Anti-Spam'. Since the company was not among approved addresses, its email went into the spam file. Sometime during that day I looked at the addresses or names in the file and deleted those with which I was unfamiliar. Since I didn't know to be on the look-out for this email or the comapny, I've no doubt I deleted it.

Now my daughter is kinda angry about this. She said I should have openned the email and seen it was a gift certificate from her. I said, 'Why would I bother opening spam mail (probably about 40 a day) to see what it is? That defeats the purpose of a spam mail blocker and opens my computer up to viruses?' She didn't care for that explanation.

I am relaying this situation for the following reason: If you are going to arrange to have a gift certificate sent from a specific company, contact the recipient and let him/her know to expect an email from that company. Otherwise your gift may end up deleted and floating somewhere in that great black hole of internet junk.

Allan