+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sorry I have been away......

nighthawk Guest

Default Sorry I have been away......

and missed some really juicy posts or so it seems. Been hitting the woods hot and heavy for deer season. Got a nice big doe late Monday evening. Sorry folks but the hide went to cover some of the processing fee. However, I have found several more good spots for squirrel. Will have more tails to send later this month so if you didn't get one just hang in there.
    Amy did take me to Cabela's the other day. She bought me a new jacket and a medium dun Cabela's No.1 premium saddle. I took her to lowes tonight for a new clothes dryer.
    Well, just thought I'd check in and make certain all of you are o.k. Might take me some time to catch up on your posts but I will try.

God Bless,

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!

[This message has been edited by nighthawk (edited 01 December 2005).]

I don't know that you actually 'missed' anything. At least worth actually reading. Has been interesting at times though.

Good to hear you got the deer and made it back. Gun or something more 'primitive'? I wish I had not left my bow in Utah when I moved to Nebraska. I guess I thought there were no deer here. Boy was I wrong!

Don
    Don Rolfson

nighthawk Guest

Don,
    It's rifle season here in Pa. Next year I hope to have a flint lock to hunt with. I have seen some hunting shows about Nebraska. Looks like you have some real good white tail hunting out there to go along with good fly fishing. How did you ever get used to the "flat" land? I mean I love that part of our nation but never could get used to no hills/mountains.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!

Oh, we got quite a few hills. More rolling than just open, especially closer to the rivers and such. Even some 'mountains' up in the northwest area close to South Dakota. It has taken some getting used to since I grew up in the Denver area and went to college in Utah and lived there for 10 years. It is nice though. Not nearly as flat as most of us imagine.

Don
    Don Rolfson

Hawk

Glad to here you got a deer. Wish I still hunted. I tossed out countless, squirrel tails, pheasants, ducks etc from my many years hunting on the creeks and fields around Mechanicsburg growing up.

Bill

+ Reply to Thread