+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PayPal on ebay.

Default PayPal on ebay.

I bought something from ebay and I'm debating on whether to put it on my credit card and pay for it thru PP. I have already had my credit card comprimised on another internet purchase, not Ebay. So I am a little gun shy. I bought a rod a while back and just sent the seller a cashier's check.

So what are your experiences?
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

anglerdave........................................
    Definitely go with the PayPal payment. It costs the buyer nothing (only the seller is charged for the service) and if something does go amiss with the seller, PayPal will arbitrate for you and refund most of the money that you sent to the seller if the seller is really a dud. I have been using the service for 5 years and they have helped me many times.
    FFF Life Member #22

I have used PayPal thru Ebay for the last couple years and have never had one problem with a transaction thru them. I have purchased over 50 items on Ebay and almost all were paid by using PayPal. I trust them with my account.

Rocky

My wife has become super ebay junkie lately and pay-pal has been wonderful for her to work with.

No, I am not just saying that because they are down the street here in Omaha either.

Don
    Don Rolfson

Thanks for the feed back. I should have asked this question before I selected my payment method. I told the sellar I would send him a cashier's check. oh well, next time I'll know better.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

just set up your paypal account now, that will you will be ready later

------------------
    --------
    roger
    princess anne, eastern shore of md.
    -----
    Roger
    Princess Anne, Md

When I sell on ebay I never use Paypal... Takes way too much effort and time to get your money from them.. If they immediately sent you a m.o. instead of it going into an account... maybe. Had a bad experience with them several years ago when it took 3 weeks to get money out of them. Guess if you only want to buy with it and it goes against your card it could work okay but I would just as soon send a postal m.o. for anything I buy.

I've been using ebay and paypal since both were in their first years with over 200 transactions to date. I've bought and sold and I've never had a transaction problem with paypal. I have a confirmed account with a confirmed shipping address and that's important for smooth transactions. On the other hand, if you're not comfortable with all that, money orders and cashier's checks are a great way to protect yourself.

Diane
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Time for me to be devils advocate here!

I had my Paypal account accessed by some crooks. They did the usual of duplicating the site and emailing me asking me to verify details, same old same old. Anyway I saaw it was a sham and didn't put anything in, but apparently once I had looked at it was enough to give them access to my account and then the transactions started.

I will say that Paypal actually picked it up fast and notified me, were very helpful and professional about it all, and I have no complaint with them.

Anyway I do not use Paypal anymore, you make up your own mind.

("Once bitten" syndrome)
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Blog Entries

I got pished by some crooks trying to get my paypal info .I notified Pay pal and they already knew about the guy , he was already in jail . I have used paypal for years now and have never had a problem .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

+ Reply to Thread