+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Printers

Default Printers

Okay, this isn't fly fishing related but it certainly is related to the internet, this site and much of the information here that we want to keep in hard copy.

I got a warning message from my printer that both the black and color cartridges are low on ink. The cost to replace both cartridges is about $28. I happened to see a new HP printer last night that does everything my present one does, is only $29 and includes ink cartridges. So I'm just wondering, would you bother re-wiring and downloading new software with a new printer and dumping the old printer or would you just buy fresh cartridges? Oh, my printer is about 8 months old.

Allan

allan

why not just buy an ink refill kit for about 18 bucks from costco and refill your cartridges when needed. the one i have is an ims (brand name) which i buy at costco. it gives you several refills of color, photo color and black per kit, and is made in the USA. it is not difficult to use and anyone that can tye flies like you should have no trouble at all.

mike

the ink carts that come with printers have about half the ink of the ones you buy. i thin you can even buy bigger capacity ones for some printers. but it is almost as cheap to replace the whole thing

------------------
    --------
    roger
    princess anne, eastern shore of md.
    -----
    Roger
    Princess Anne, Md

I tried the refill thing once.I know alot of people use them but be carefull if you overfill the cartrage it may leak.If it does you get to buy a new printer.Thats why I got a new printer.My cartrages cost me $28 for color and 24 for B&W.New printer is cheaper if you don't use it that often.

The refills do work good, but it also voids the warranty [at least on HP models].

There are stores that charge $19 for a "new" refilled cartridge when you bring in your empty...seem to work just fine.

I refill HP black cartridges all the time. Somehow my wife always seems to beat me on the color ones by keeping a "spare" on hand. Wonder if I'll ever use the color ink....

BTW, I really like the Canon i9900's system. The head is NOT integral the ink wells, and the ink wells can be purchased individually. Wish all printers were like that. Maybe we should use it all the time, and not just for fotos.

Jim

Blog Entries

I only use the black and refill all the time costs about $3.00 per refill . I never have had any problems except when the color ran out . I kept getting these stupid warnings about low color ink . My hp wouldn't let me cancel the warning so I filled the color cartridges with black ink . Problem solved .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

If I liked my printer, I'd probably (heck, I DO) just order non-brandname cartridges from ebay. I'd also make sure my printer was set to use the least amount of ink possible unless I needed a better copy now and then. I can't remember ever buying a namebrand ink cartridge and I got my first printer in 1984.

Diane
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

I use this place all the time. No troubles, quick shipping, great prices. The cartridges have worked great. [url=http://www.asapinkjets.com/:4fcce]http://www.asapinkjets.com/[/url:4fcce]

--------------------------------
    Rich

+ Reply to Thread