This is not a fishing report! Repeat; this is not a fishing report!

If it sounds like one ? well, what can I tell you?

Whoa, Momma!! It?s about BAMBOO!!! As you know, Christmas came early to the Hiner household. Cary gave me a new bamboo rod, Battenkill reel, and Tilley hat! Oh, I?ve been such a good girl!!

I?ve never held, for more than just a few minutes, a bamboo rod. I?ve always wanted one, but ?knew ? it wouldn?t be happening for me. I own several glass rods, including two Hardy?s, and was content with my poor mans' cane. But all that?s changed now!! I?m still more than happy with my Hardy?s, but the bamboo is totally different from them! I have to admit to needing quite some time to get used to the cigar grip, and the added weight of the rod, after all, I?m used to the graphite 2, 3, and 4 weights, and the slide ring reel seat was novel (I?m certainly not used to hearing my reel clunk on the rivers edge!), though once I figured everything out it was a definite ?whoa, Momma!!? moment!!

That beautiful slooooow casting! The fly gently placed. The gleam of sunlight on bamboo! And that first fish! Yeowza! I only had a few days to fish with it, but, boy am I sold!

OK. The bamboo rod I received is a Diamondback. It?s got two tips. 7?6?, 5#. It carries a ?for life? warrantee. It cost less than my last Hardy perfection glass. And, it?s bamboo!! Tonkin cane. Really, really beautiful. Where I may have been hesitant to fish with a $$$$ T&T, or Payne, I can get right in there and fish to my little puny hearts desire! Beautiful and fun!

Many thanks to Tim Yager at Yager's Fly's in Lawrence, KS.

------------------
Trouts don't live in ugly places