Well I guess I am going to stand on my soapbox for a couple of minutes, but I am set on doing this so here goes. As I have gotten to know some of you through your posts and emails I have recognized that health is one of the primary concerns that you have that is non-fishing related. Lately I have seen some ads and TV "infomercials" especially the one with the guy who has the book the FDA doesn't want you to know about, I think his name is Kevin Treadau or something. Please, please, please do not buy this book or try anything in it. I was at the bookstore and looked at it, and became both angry and depressed. I feel that in some way what this man is doing is criminal, he states that he "has the cures" for things such as diabetes and cancer, diseases that strike fear and sadness in the hearts of people. His snake oil tricks are truly dispicable and I beg you not to fall for his gimicks.
Now I know that the state of the health care system is not great, prices are out of hand, there is a shortage of doctors, hard working men and women go without insurance, I could go on and on. But we have the greatest "knowledge" of any country. The people who discover new treatments and medications are at the top of their game. We have medications and treatments that allow people to live better lives. I don't want this to become a post on healthcare or "cures". But if you have questions and don't feel like you get a good enough explanation in the 5 minutes with you doctor, feel free to email me and I will help you find the information that you need. I will also help you sift through the nonsense that is out there.
I just don't want people to be taken advantage of, I have seen enough of it.
Drew

------------------
A bum-legged old man and a drunk. That's all you got?
That's WHAT I got.