+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bas pro shop

Default Bas pro shop

I just found out that Bass Pro Shop gave me a free membership to BASS. I found this out when I started to get their lousy mag. I contacted them and asked to have the membership cancelled and was tol that is was cancelled, yet I still get the mag and literature in the mail.
    Do you think I can write something on all the junk I get from them that will cause it to be sent back at their expense?

Okay. You are getting a magazine for free and you don't want it anymore? I take it your not a Bass fisherman.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Donate it to the library, or take it to a senior citizens home until they stop sending them.

Jim

take the mags to the local VA they need something less than 5 yrs old and not good house keeping

A friend in the magazine business (Flyfishing, believe it or not) told me that it costs the publishers *more* to go into the computer to delete your address from the mailing list than it costs to mail you the remaining issues of a subscription after cancellation.

Now....I find that difficult to believe; but he swears it's true. That's why magazines continue to arrive after you cancel your order until the original subscription expires.

Dahema

nighthawk Guest

Donate them for sure. It will take BASS about 6-12 months to stop sending them to you.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

It's a great day for fly fishing!

Good idea about donating them, we have a VA clinic here.
    I did hear from BASS today, and was told that I needed to send them my address in order for them to delete my name from the list, which I did.
    I used to be a bass fisherman, but became so disgusted with the club I was in, I gave it up altogether. The infighting and petty stuff got in the way of having fun. Same thing happened with skeet shooting when I had to run the range. When it becomes a job, it's just no fun. Rob

Apparently there is some sort of a membership/subscription drive for BASS now going on. I too received a package complete with a BASS sticker, a plastic membership card and an "invitation" to subscribe. I have no problem with BASS but I chose not to subscribe and threw everything in the trash.
    Now if I could have a shirt with all those sponsors decals............................I'd lose my lunch.

Mark

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

I guess the only wat they can get members is to enroll them fro free and not tell them.

Some years ago somebody signed me up for Bass but didn't pay the subscription fee so I got billed over and over again. I wrote them several times stating that I did not want to be a BASS member. Finally the tone of the bills became somewhat hostile by suggesting that I was a deadbeat and that I would probably be forever banned from joining their club.

I wrote back that I had no intention of joining their group and if I got one more bill from them I would file a complaint with the Kansas Consumer Protection office. There was no bluff on my part but somebody got the message and I have not heard from them since. I don't know if this is their normal business practice but I have some strong negative feelings toward BASS.

[This message has been edited by Jtaylor (edited 16 October 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread