+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Your "handle" and signature ??

Default Your "handle" and signature ??

I know, ... stole the idea from another board,... but at the risk of starting an off topic thread, ...

We all have (most of us) have "handles" as user names. What's the story behind yours?

While your at it, ... some of the signatures are funny, witty or thought provoking. What does it say about you?

I've been using fcch as a login since before they attached rodents to computers (mice) and the internet was text only.

If you had trouble adapting to PINE instead of ELM, or if you prefer Veronica over Archie, ... you know what I mean

f - forestery department
    c - first letter of family name and
    ch - first 2 letters of the first name

Original eh?. I use it on all the boards and all the forums, ... keeps discussions on an even keel when the other know who you ARE.

As for my signature, ... as it has no real message, ... I guess that means I'm a pretty uncultivated and boring person

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:7a68d]http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/[/url:7a68d]
    Christopher Chin

Gonfishn because I am either
    1.gone fishin
    2.or goin fishin

As far as signatures go,most of my signature
    replies would probably get me banned from the board as I tend to have a rather odd sense of humor.
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

Gonfishn , ...
    would probably get me banned from the board as I tend to have a rather odd sense of humor
    Well, ... that in itself says a lot, ... sometimes what isn't said is more powerful than what is ...
    Christopher Chin

fcch,

I think my handle speaks for itself. I enjoy tying flies.
    As far as a signature (some saying below my name), the one I wanted to use was taken and thus I have none.

Allan

d. micus because my first name is dave and my last name is micus. (man, i'm a dull guy!)

I think the question about signatures was asked to my on another string. My signature is from Rio Bravo, my favorite movie, I went into detail on the sound off board under quote of the week. My user name is:
    zim my last name is zimmer
    rx I am a pharmacist
    17 my high school and college baseball number
    I should probably add something about fishing, but I have used this as my email address for along time.
    Drew

------------------
    A bum-legged old man and a drunk. That's all you got?
    That's WHAT I got.
    "I don't drink anymore, I freeze it and eat it like a popsicle"

It was a cold and rainy night...wait a minute, that was another story.

Flats Dude came about when I attended a party of a bunch of flyfishing buddies wearing my famous watermelon colored flats shirt. One of my buddies stood up, put his sunglasses on (it was night time) and says, "Hey, it's the Flats Dude!" I guess it kinda stuck.
    In as far as my signature, another friend of mine emailed that saying to me and said it sounded like me...I kinda liked it so I stole it!!

------------------
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and exclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!"

handle: Well, I like to fish and ma last name is Lux

Signature: I have never been a master of anything, but there are many things I enjoy anyway.

reason for edit: I thought I had a signature. It should read, "If you can't do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

[This message has been edited by fishlux (edited 10 August 2005).]

Flats Dude, where is your signature from, meaning who said it, was it Red Skelton (ha ha, bad joke from the other board)? I have heard it before but I never knew who said it.
    Drew

------------------
    A bum-legged old man and a drunk. That's all you got?
    That's WHAT I got.
    "I don't drink anymore, I freeze it and eat it like a popsicle"

My handle you could say is from the old tv show but it's not.

Growing up in a small town (at the time, not now) ours was one of the biggest families around. My father was a scout leader and just about all of us were in scouts about the same time. When we would pull up to the meeting hall and 10 of us would pile out of the van you would always hear one of the other leaders say "here comes FTROOP". As for the 7, you guessed it , it's my number in the line.

As for my signature, I use that saying alot in work, it kind of fits my occupation. There is another saying that goes hand in hand with it "If I never made a mistake you would have to pay me a lot more money"

------------------
    "If it was easy anybody could do it"
    Timothy S. Furey Sr.

+ Reply to Thread