Last June I married the girl that I dated through all of college. When we met several years ago, she had just come back from working for a summer at Yellowstone where, she told me, she had spent her summer catching trout with a 4 weight rod. At that moment I knew that she was my dream girl.

Years went by, and with school being busy we never had time to fish together, save a couple of trips to Florida where she sat on the beach, and I waded out into the surf with a spinning rod.

Having just gotten married, we moved to Florida, and one afternoon I proposed that we go to the lake near our house and throw a few flies. Having never seen her cast a fly rod, I expected that because she hadn't done it in several years, she'd need some time to re-learn. Not so: she made me look like the amateur that I am. She could place her fly in a six inch space between two lilly pads, with almost half of her line out, while I was struggling to keep the knots out of my leader.

When I thought i'd suffered enough embarassment, the Fish and Game ranger showed up and asked me "Takin' casting lessons from that gal over there?"