I expect people to be as polite as I am. If I walk into a shop, and want help, then I expect to get help. If the employees stand there BS-ing and ignoring my expectant looks, or a request from me, then I walk out. If I don't want help, then I expect them to respect that. They can hover and make sure I am not going to shoplift something, but if I say no help, then leave me alone to shop.

If they try to BS me about a product, or about their knowledge, or about anything, then I walk out. If they tell me that I don't know what I am talking about, same thing. If they are rude to some other customer, then I expect they would be rude to me, and I walk out.

I expect a company to stand behind their products, and if a shop is committed to their suppliers and their customers, then I expect the shop to stand behind the products they sell. If a get a defective product, take it back, and the shop does its best to get me a replacement, then I will consider that good customer service. If they tell me "tough luck, you bought it, it's your problem now", then they no longer get my business.

Dennis