I try to see both sides of any picture and do what is best for ALL concerned. Yes Allan, cyclist do get a whole lane. They do have the right of way over a motorized vehicle at all times.
I raised both my daughters on bikes and I purchased the blaze orange hunting vests for each of us to wear when biking. In the country we could hear semi trucks gearing down for a mile before they got to us. VISIBILITY is a requirement that is too often forgotten. I almost hit one the other night because he was dressed in dark colors. Luckily his Nikes had reflective tape on them. Put reflective tape on the front and back of your bike. Don't take chances! Use common sense!(Something that seems to be rare nowadays).
Watch out for the other guy whether you are on a bike or in a car or truck.
Okie, hope you get better quick! Keep ice on the affected area, that forces the body to increase circulation in that area and reduces swelling. Slow repetitive repetitions of approved rehabilitative exercises with a gradual increase in the range of motion is the norm here. Don't hurry it and give all the soft tissue time to heal.

Let's all be safe out there and be kind to the other guy!

Andy

------------------
all types of fishermen must pull together for the good of all!!!