The topic line is the Wyoming State motto. Well it's THAT time again. We're off to Wyoming for our annual flyfishing trek. It's something I look forward to a lot and almost guage the years ( and they're passing quicker ) by it. We'll be taking the Southern route up (I 80) and the Northern route back (I 90). Wyo06,"GO POKES", we'll see ya at the bookstore at the ole alma mater where I retool with another years supply of UW "buckin bronc" stuff and relive some memories. I'll stop at the West Laramie Fly Store and get some locally tied fuzz on a hook and maybe try the Little Laramie at the "school section". That abandoned RR trestle there is a magnet for me.
Byron ( wyo blizzard), I'll lean on the horn as I pass thru Rock Springs ( white Grand Cherokee with Illinois license plates "FISH WYO" . Honk if ya see me. I'll be heading North on Wyo 191 toward Lander and to fish the PopoAgie at "The Sinks" and then on to Pinedale ( Green River) and Jackson ( destination).
Rich Ward, you'll probably get a chance to regret you ever gave me your phone #. We'll float the South Fork for sure. I'll provide the beer and single malt (or whatever your heart desires) and all the other stuff too.
JC and LF, although it's a haul from Jackson, we'll try to make the fish-in for at least a day or two. It's been a while since Roscoe and Dennys chickin killin show. My wife was fine with fly tying till then. Won't buy or eat chicken anymore either. Too bad Denny didn't "do" a mink ( kidding).
I hear the water situation is still pretty gruesome out there. Jackson Lake is 65% below normal levels. It's sad the see the "rings" at the various levels where the water used to be. Pray for rain and snow.
On our way back ( I 90) we plan to visit Al Campbells final resting place and pay our respects at the Black Hills National Cemetary. We'll try to visit with Elliott ( ilmbaba) at his restaurant in Rapid City too. We'll visit Sturgis to see if "they" are all gone too.
In any case, it would be great to meet some FAOLers along the way If you are or plan to be along the routes I mentioned, Sept 10-15 outbound, Sept 15-30 in Jackson, Sept 30-Oct 3 return trip, shoot me an e-mail ( mine is in profile) and I'll give you my cell#. Maybe we can "hook up". I DON"t mooch flies, cigars or whiskey and listen more than talk.
"See" y'all when we we get back (God willing)

Mark

------------------
I'd rather be in Wyoming!