+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fair Warning!

Default Fair Warning!

We have two feature articles this week from
    our writers in the South who have personally experienced hurricanes, including Roger very close to Katrina. I have removed two strings from the bulletin board which were over the line, and instead of adding their concern and prayers for those affected, fell into politics and name calling.

Once everyone is safe and the authorities have the opportunity to analyze what worked and what didn't and why, I'm sure there will be plenty of blame to go around.

Continued bashing and blame pointing on the hurricane will not be tolerated, such comments will be removed.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

I agree LadyFisher. I know that you and J.C. will be gone for a few days but there are others who can watch over this board while you guys enjoy yourselves.

Well said Ladyfisher!! I agree 100%

Antron Midge

------------------
    ....fly tying is the next best thing to fishing; it is the sort of licking of the lips that eases a thirsty man in the desert

Arthur Ransome

JC

I couldn't agree with you more. Everytime I see a non fly fishing thread on this board, I've got to wonder. I log on FAOL for fly fishing related information and the exchanging of ideas.

Thanks again...........Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Yeah Dave, and all that blather you spin on 700 post threads with the pirates is about fly fishing too I suppose?

What's that old saying about folks in glass houses?

RW

------------------
    "We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring on fishing the wet fly-

[This message has been edited by Royal Wulff (edited 06 September 2005).]
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

RW

Good point. The monster has been created and like allot of folks I feed it from time to time.

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

we don't call you evil dave for nothing. maybe we should all look at our posts and change them to still have the same meaning but be about fly fishing...for instance, the "wooden bowl" could be 'the wooden fly rod'....the family fly fished and made the old man use an old spinning rod!!! now there's a story!!!

In by email:

Unless the fly fishing post contains a product or style that the GRAND POOBA dosnt like, than it will be a problem. Some day you will not be able to hide behind your delete botton. You are a weak, sorry, old man that for the first time has a little bit of control and you have taken advantage of it. You are driving YOUR site down. When I buy from one of your sponsors its becacuse of their product and has nothing to do with you or FAOL. I also make it a point of telling the sponsor that.

nighthawk Guest

Sounds to me like some emailer needs drug out behind the wood shed for a little "talk". Probably shoudn't have posted that but I like you folks. I take these kind of offenses seriously.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

Air Cavalry all the way! When a voice cries out in distress, we will be there, no matter what the cost.

That's the email signature, tony300wby@aol.com...poor thing.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

+ Reply to Thread