+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UGHH ~~ Paperwork

Default UGHH ~~ Paperwork

I took a few days last week to enjoy the Labor Day weekend with my family. Well, part of the weekend ~~ I had to be back in church for Sunday. What I don't like about being gone is the amount of paperwork that stacks up on my desk. So here I am writing this post when I should be wading through the piles of paperwork in front of me. Arghh....

look at the bright side--at least you're wading!

Blog Entries

Sometimes I miss the good old days when all Paperwork meant was You were up first so you had to light the woodstove with yesterdays paper .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Rev Bob:

There is this marvelous invention, designed to alleviate, the dreaded condition that is referred to as "Paperwork. This invention, is commonly referred to, by the name of "Circular File, which you place the pile of paperwork into, until the "Circular File" is full!

At which time, you then transfer all the "Paperwork" that you placed into the "Circular File", and run it through the "Paper Shredder" (another marvelous invention), which will divides the "Paperwork" that you stored into the "Circular File", into crisp, columns that prevent others from retrieving the data.

After placing the "Paperwork" into the "Circular File", and running the accumulated "Paperwork" through the "Paper Shredder" you then place it into the secure store vault, commonly goes by the name of "Incinerator"!

And as if by magic, the "Paperwork" disappears forever!

As for the dreaded "Quarterly" or "Annual" Reports. You can quickly determine, which reports really need to be updated, and which require only a new "Cover Sheet".

What you do is translate page 3 of the report, into another language, using Altavista's Babel Fish (which you can accomplish at the following url connection)...

[url=http://world.altavista.com/:deb3b]http://world.altavista.com/[/url:deb3b]

~Parnelli

[This message has been edited by Steven H. McGarthwaite (edited 06 September 2005).]

Mr Mc you forgot the most important aspect to those new inventions. They only take a few minutes to use leaving more time at the portable vice hidden in your desk drawer or sneaking out the back to your favorite local hot spot.
    make sure you speak to someone about the job on your way so that it is now work related.Then put it on your expense account as a business trip

Kahlil Gibran wrote " A tree is a poem written on the sky by the earth. Man fells it down and turns it into paper that he may record his emptiness." I think Gibran was too harsh - much of what is written is not empty but, rather, filled with meaning. He did make a point, however.

I remember yeeeeeeears ago, Dad was a sales manager for a big company .We would take off on Friday afternoon and get to the camp grounds set up camp. While my brother and I went fishing dad would be in the camper typing away on an old Remington manual type writer his weekly reports. They. morning to catch the mailman.Those were the days way before the computer ect. We always got alot of fishing in and the people would often ask about the bagin away going on in our camper. Mom always said the same thing "Just finishing up the paper work before the weekend starts."It always got a strange look till dad apeared at the door with 4-5 envelopes ready to go. Then with envelopes in one hand and rod in the other the weekend began.
    Man those are some fine memories.

I remember back during the Nixon years in the White House, Henry Kissinger was doing shuttle diplomacy between Isreal and Egypt. When a reporter asked the Secretary of State, what he would do if another emergency happened during his shuttle diplomacy.

Mister Kissinger replied, Another emergency will just have to wait, I am booked solid!

It is easy to say "Yes", but there are those that take advantage of your willingness to say "Yes" when asked. They seem to alway come to you first, because you always say "Yes".

Long time ago, I learned to say "No"! You have to make time to take time for yourself, and take time, to make time, to create memories for others. I may be saying "No" to you at sometime in my life, but not because I don't care. It is just that there is only, so much time to work with, and I am booked solid!

Learning to say NO! Very good Steven and very true! I worked in a company "That if 'You Touched it' you owned it!" Not very productive to say the least.
    I'm in the Kissenger mode right now due to a "Home Office" patch sent to correct a software problem. The "Patch" has locked up my financal records and made them unaccessable!! The report is due in 2 days!! HaHa!! And just to keep this on the proper track, I'm going fishing!! Me, the tube and my 3 wgt.

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus AKA "Lucky Dog (Pirate Name)"

+ Reply to Thread