+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gas prices made the differance

"lets all write our local and national representatives and DEMAND that they lessen the 42% average by state gas tax. Why should the govt. get a windfall?"

The state and federal taxes on gasoline are set at a flat rate, so they are not getting more money because of the increased price. Fed is .18 per gallon I think, and states vary. The wholesale price of gasoline dropped $.10/gallon today and crude fell like $10 a barrel. Things have already improved but will we ever see it at the pump?

Benjo,
    I have already done as you suggest...the other thing I might suggest is that if enough folks flood our elected officials with phone calls, thus tying up their people & preventing them from doing what they "WANT" or "need" to, maybe they'll get off their butts & DO something!!....In reality, that's doubtful, but "what the hell!".
    Mike

------------------
    "I've HAD muh say!".....
    George MacMichael from The Real Mccoys
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

They'll just vote an increase in budgit to pay for more staff to answer the phone. Then they still will IGNORE us anyway.

Don't worry about traveling some where to fish.
    Think about this!

4 refineries that make gasoline were affected by Katrina and the price of gas in the Eastern USA went haywire!

What do you think would happen to this country if 8 or 10 were affected?

Face facts folks. We need more refineries ASAP! Evenly spread out in the country. And we need to open up the California Coast and ANWAR to oil exploration.

Case closed.

Gas came down today 4 cents a gallon in my town. This am $3.03 this evening $2.99.

I went out for a drive on Thursday and Friday. Actually... just a short mission. In a town of 15,000 I saw anywhere from $2.75 - $3.11 a gallon for unleaded. I e-mailed the Arkansas attorney general and was told an inspector was sent out. Amazingly, today I saw a few stations around $3.00 but the majority of them were at $2.85. I doubt what I did caused this, but I'd like to think so. Chances are though... the refineries are slowly coming back on line... albeit slowly and oil per barrel is dropping. Maybe sanity has replaced greed as a reaction?

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

Sunday 9/4

Fuel prices have dropped 20 cents. Minnesotans have already started to cut back on their use of petroleum, and the refinery in Minnesota will start sending the excess fuel (working at 100% capacity) to other areas that have shortages.

Our electric and natural gas suppliers, have guaranteed that the heating bills will not go up this winter, all have locked in their prices for the coming winter months.

[This message has been edited by Steven H. McGarthwaite (edited 04 September 2005).]

Fuel prices dropped 60 cents here?! Down to $2.999 a gal! This is like a yoyo?
    One thing I look for is which brand gives the best milage, takes about 3 tanks to get a good reading. Also keep it serviced and tuned.

+ Reply to Thread