+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What next

Default What next

Well, I suppose it was bound to happen. I have finally been burnt by the boards. I responded to a great deal on a decent piece of equipment. All the previous transactions conducted by this individual seemed pretty straight forward and all partys sounded pleased. So I sent my check which was cashed immediately. For the next two months all I got was the run around and a bunch of false promises. All I have to show for it is a general distrust and a new hole in my pocketbook. So, do I call this individual out or do I let sleeping dogs lie? He has not posted since this all started. At least not inder his previuos user name. Just looking for some advice. Thanks in advance.

rvr_lvr,

Burned by a FAOL member??

You can (check with the admin first) imho post NAMES, Adresses, Copies of e-mails and communications.

If you can document it, get the word out!!

"Let sleeping dog lie", ... Only after I back up over it with my pickup !!

If you can't find posts, ... contact Admin and they can check IP adresses from th eold user and match it to new users.

If the transaction is over a certain amount, ... you can call out the Dawgs and go for Felony instead of small claims (in the US and Canada, a CITIZEN can lay charges in the name of the state).

You can send his "profile" to Pay Pal, E-Bay, Creditors with a friendly "Warning" about unscrupulous practices.

You can reverse track the check to his bank and have YOUR bank send a notice of "potentially illegal" activities, ... that'll get his bank on his heals.

If he has promised to send it by US postal service, ... send all the info to the Post office and they'll go after him for Mail Fraud.

(and if you really want to srew him, ... e-mail me, ... I'll send ya' some real tricks )

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:b0ebc]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:b0ebc]
    Christopher Chin

rvr,

If you have the documentation, by all means post what you have with the persons name, item, costs, etc. Aside from getting some anger out of your system, other people will be forewarned about that person and he'll likely find himself persona-non-grata around here.

Allan

It was only $40 and I almost feel petty about starting this thread to begin with. I guess I was just thinking every crook starts small and moves up until he gets busted. He hasn't been back so hopefully he will stay away. I emailed the admin so we'll see. Unfortunately I deleted all his messages because I was so ****** off. All I have is a copy of the cashed check. So I guess I screwed myself on that one. We'll see what happens.

Matt

Matt,
    Name names. Detail it. NO ONE should be allowed to take advantage of someone else for any amount. Let the rest of us be forewarned. Let him know he won't get away with it.
    Betty

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I'm with Chris, Allen, Matt & Betty. Bare that thief to the public. If all that I read in your first message is as it seems to me, then you don't owe the miscreant any sympathy. Nail him to the wall.

Silvertop

Oh Hey Rvr_lvr, ...

If you're like 99% of the folks on a 'puter, ... you deleted the e-mails, ... but you didn't "empty" the trash folder.

Take a look. If you're using Thnderbird, Outlook, LotusNotes, Pegasus or Netscape, ... they all "Move" messages to the trash, ... and most don't "empty trash on exit".

p.s., ... 40 bucks!!, .. that's quite possibly the idea of this bloke. Go small, .. no one will complain. 'magine if he/she/they do this to a hundred users, ... adds up quickly. A kid stole a bicycle in the neighbourhood here, ... he got 2 days in juvi and 200 hours of community service.

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:ab10b]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:ab10b]

[This message has been edited by fcch (edited 27 August 2005).]
    Christopher Chin

rvr-lvr did contact us, but he provided NO information about this person, what the item was, the name, or anything....I've asked him to provide what he has and we will try to help. I have no problem with posting the persons name and address here, I'm sure we can backtrack a phone number too. This is not acceptable.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Post it......Your way to kind Mr. Castwell...way to kind......To give the person the benifit of the doubt....Over 2 months......I'd nial his butt to the wall and not think twice,I for one am more than suprised that an FAOL MEMBER.......could/would do such acts to anyone.....let alone a fellow member.......

Even if he does make things...well...He can't in my eyes make right at this point...

I Still want info as I don't want to deal with this person in the future for sure....Bet I'm not alone in that thought....

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Bill;

I think that JC is trying to help rvr_lvr get his money back. If JC were to post the name the guy would have no reason to give it back. JC is fighting fire with fire.

Just my take

Harold

+ Reply to Thread