+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opinions from those who regularly buy online

Default opinions from those who regularly buy online

I've submitted and order and recieved the paypal receipt on 7/28, From what I believe to be a decently well know fly tying whole sale merchant.I've since emailed this guy,and have recieved a couple back, the first stating that I'd have the order a week ago..that he had, Been waiting on out of stock items to arrive.

Well I sent yet another yesterday with the reply saying that, The order has been sent out and that I'd have it by mid week,He's not on the other side of the planet...I've ordered alot online or otherwise...and I'm getting a familiar feeling,Which is not good.

What I would like to know ,Is weather not any of you would keep giving this guy the benifet of the doubt.

And weather anyone has ever had to get ahold of paypal to take action on a purchase they made and never recieved the order...Possibly may come to that if this order has not arrived by say thursday....that's beyond the time frame givin to me...Iknow this is going to be the last I do biz with this man...
    Saddly,It's where I heard of them, That really disapoints me....If this order is indeed the no show I fear it is going to be...

A post here, will be made,So this does not happen to any of you..Here is where I got wind of them..not this exact BB..but on the FT B Here...

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

I'd say, see if it arrives by mid week...if it does, great, but I wouldn't order from him again. If it doesn't...start posting names, so the rest of us can be informed, and tell him you want a refund....and never order from him again.
    (Plus, congarats on the new baby! What's her name? And when does she get to come home?)

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Kewl...thought I was being paranoid!!!....

Thanks for asking of the Wee one as well, Betty, Her Name is Alessandra Joy,As to when she may come home...Shes in the NICU....and they have say of EVERYTHING....right down to weather we can hold her or not...(The wife has Twice)...I've not been so lucky.But Hopefully we will get everything put together on monday to be able to take our other three childeren to meet her,Tried yesterday,But appears we need all of their medical,Shot history for this to happen.
    Well I must go the wife is trying to call for an update before she goes......I get to sit with the other three....come on monday morning...lol..I'll then have to work.

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill

[This message has been edited by billknepp (edited 21 August 2005).]

Bill, ...

I'D say wait the mid week. If nothing arrives, ... ask the supplier to tell you how the package was sent. If it was Courrier, UPS, Special delivery etc, ... ask for the PO number that the transporter signed off on. Ask the supplier to "ping" the consignment # and e-mail or fax you the status of the package.

That'll usually get things rolling.

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:24b55]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:24b55]
    Christopher Chin

Chris CA,
    Thanks for the heads up..although I must say, It did not make me feel better...

Chris,
    Thank you also,and I hope I don't need to do those things....

Must say I was some what sceptical when looking over this guys prices,Seemed to good to be true....And I think I should have taken that more to heart than I did...You just want to have faith in ppl...soupposedly this guy makes most of what he sells...???

Should I NOT...Get these items by thursday..I'll do more than name, Names...I'll post a link to the site as well...so all can SEE, What is to be avoided......I only been giving the benifit of doubt for one reason,He claims to be a Flyfisher,who is for the Flyfisher...I know a few of these type of ppl and I've yet to meet even ONE..who is not of utmost honesty and integrity...

------------------

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill

Blog Entries

Bill,
    If you don't get your order you should be able to recover the money through PayPal. I have done this once when I did not receive the CD's that I payed for. You have to wait 30 days from purchase date to file a complaint.
    Steve

------------------
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"-Will Rogers
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"
    Will Rogers

Biot,
    Again thanks,as I had'nt known of any details of a refunding of payments....Ty to all,as always,A most helpful bunch of ppl on this great site.....Best thing I ever did was become a member of it,and a friend of FAOL....Other than Fam & a few related Life indearing things....lol

------------------

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill

Hi Bill,
    If it comes to that, I think that you will be happy with PayPal?s Resolution Center.
    I have had to use it once. They will force the seller to prove that he really shipped you the item. If he can?t you will receive your money back. It does take quite a while though. If you want you can go on the PayPal site and view a tutorial on just how the resolution will be handled. It is very informative.
    One thing that ?biot midge? stated: ?You have to wait 30 days from purchase date to file a complaint.? Is not quite accurate though. Actually you have to file a claim within 45 calendar days of the payment.
    FFF Life Member #22

Duely noted DickM,
    And thank you...

Bill

Not quite related, but nearly...

While ago I got scammed and some crooks got into my paypal account. Long story short now, but paypal were right on to it, in fact alerted me, and were extremely professional and very helpful.

I would chat with them if I were you.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

+ Reply to Thread