Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Thinking Moving

Steve

I think you are confused thinking Banjo has a sense of humor. Truth is, he really does not want you or anyone else moving to Montana. You can vacation there and spend your hard earned dollars there when you do. But don't even think about living there.

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

anglerdave- My friend you are right there are a lot of people in Montana that feel just that way. There are also a lot of them that do not even want your tourist dolors either.

What you and others do not understand and can't understand because you do not live here and see what is going on is that this state is being run over by out of state people. The housing prices are so high that people born and raised here can't aford to buy a house here to raise there kids in. Why? because they do not have the income that the out of state people have.

People come here they build housing tracts all over the place and the taxes go up for the rest of the people because they are not paying enough in Taxes on there houses to pay for the schools, streets, sewer and so forth. So every couple of years here we go with new taxes. Dosen't matter that our pay is not going up.

How about the real rich people that build real large houses next to the forest and when a fire is on it's way they get them sprayed with a special foam to protect them. The only problem is that it cost the tax payers about 18 thousand a house to spry there houses. But the small house that has been there for many years gets left to burn. Can't waist that spry on that cheap house.

Or how about the people that move here because of the way we live and as soon as they get here they want to start changing it to like were they came from. Like the California lady on the city counsel here that wanted you to have to get a permit so the city could tell you the color that you could or couldn't paint your house.

People can't move here and except Montana for what it was they have to change it to what they think it should be. Well I can tell you that the people that were born and raised here for the most part would like it to stay as it was. Not how someone from another crowded state thinks it should be.

I would be willing to bet if things like this were happening in Iowa you would be feeling the same way.

Like I said before I do not care if Mr Molcsan moves here or not that is up to him. It is a free country. I just hope that he understands how people here feel and respect there feelings. Most people moving here sure don't. Ron

PS: Just because someone here wear's a Cowboy Hat and Boots dosen't make them a native. Take a look at how close there knees are to find out for sure.

[This message has been edited by RonMT (edited 22 August 2005).]

We lived in Montana for nearly 20 years, but we called ourselves 'naturalized citizens' at about the 15 year mark. To be honest, I'm not sure we were really accepted as Montanans even then. That said, I still dearly love the real Montana and it's people...the best in the world.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Quote:
    "I would be willing to bet if things like this were happening in Iowa you would be feeling the same way."
    -----------------------------------------

It has been happning here in California
    for over thirty years, People in California
    just don't cry about it as much.

Some regions are more tolerant than others.
    There are some people in California I certanilly hope do not follow me to where ever I end up but by the sound of it these
    type of folks are everywhere born US citizens or not.

The way I see it we are "One Country United", this is where I will, and how I will teach my Son to always live
    life.

Always choose tolerance over ignorance and
    kindness over rudeness. If you have nothing good to say then say nothing.
    There are more but these apply at the moment.

No offense intended at any one poster
    of this thread..

[This message has been edited by Steve Molcsan (edited 22 August 2005).]
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Mr Molcsan- Let me see I just looked up this information. California stat population as of 2003 was 35 1/2 million.

Montana's population 800 thousand.

I wonder which one would notice 75 thousand new people moving into it. And which it would effect the most?????????

That is it for me. Sa Ya Ron

I agree with Ron I have got enough good information here to ponder for a while,

Thanks!
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Closed Thread