Well the way I look at this one is that both party's were a little wrong. Maddog for bragging about is new rods in a store that didn't carry them and the store owner for saying what he did. The store owner should have said I do not carry that brand so I do not know that much about them. End of story.

I am wondering why that store does not carry a cheaper line of rods? All the shops in my area (And there are a bunch of them) all carry a cheaper line of rods?

I used a TFO a few years back for a school that I had to do. The reason for using it was that my rod had broken while fishing it and being about 2,000 miles from home I had to borrow this rod or nothing. It was supposed to be a 5 weight but I could not get a 7 wgt line to cast well on it. In truth it would have taken a 9wgt line to do the job right. This was BFL (Before Lefty). It is good that he went there and did what he did because there rods up until he got there were garbbage. Now they are not to bad of a rod for the money.

Lots of cheaper rods out there now days and shop owners are all carring one brand or another becasue if they don't they will lose business and they know it. A lot of the expensive rod companys are coming out with a less expensive line of rods now days to keep up with the demand. I do believe that they are seeing that the market has a place for a lower price range of rods. But believe me they are still selling the top of the line rods to.

In todays market and the way things are going it would be best for the small shop owner to bend over backwards to do right by his customers. I know a lot of them do that but you will always have a few that do not or that have an employee that is a wise guy, If that happens tell the shop owner about it. Let him take care of his employee. If it is the shop owner then jsut say "SEE YA" Ron