+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Here's a shop that has lost my business

It's Feather-Craft. I have had nothing but superior service from them. Like I said before, they would not let me hang up until they were satisfied I was happy with what I ordered and wasn't trying to make it easier for them. That's something you don't see every day.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

Well the way I look at this one is that both party's were a little wrong. Maddog for bragging about is new rods in a store that didn't carry them and the store owner for saying what he did. The store owner should have said I do not carry that brand so I do not know that much about them. End of story.

I am wondering why that store does not carry a cheaper line of rods? All the shops in my area (And there are a bunch of them) all carry a cheaper line of rods?

I used a TFO a few years back for a school that I had to do. The reason for using it was that my rod had broken while fishing it and being about 2,000 miles from home I had to borrow this rod or nothing. It was supposed to be a 5 weight but I could not get a 7 wgt line to cast well on it. In truth it would have taken a 9wgt line to do the job right. This was BFL (Before Lefty). It is good that he went there and did what he did because there rods up until he got there were garbbage. Now they are not to bad of a rod for the money.

Lots of cheaper rods out there now days and shop owners are all carring one brand or another becasue if they don't they will lose business and they know it. A lot of the expensive rod companys are coming out with a less expensive line of rods now days to keep up with the demand. I do believe that they are seeing that the market has a place for a lower price range of rods. But believe me they are still selling the top of the line rods to.

In todays market and the way things are going it would be best for the small shop owner to bend over backwards to do right by his customers. I know a lot of them do that but you will always have a few that do not or that have an employee that is a wise guy, If that happens tell the shop owner about it. Let him take care of his employee. If it is the shop owner then jsut say "SEE YA" Ron

Ron... nowhere does it say I was bragging about the rods I got. I made a statement of having new rods to try out, I was asked what type they were and I said TFO. That's it, nothing else. I didn't gloat over the fact I bought rods from another store.I was asked a question and I answered it. The tirade against TFO started and I left. I don't think saying why I bought them could be seen as gloating, but maybe someone else could. I don't know.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

[This message has been edited by maddog48 (edited 18 August 2005).]

i bought a new Tfo a few weeks ago and the guys from my flyshop in whitefish mt. not only came out and test cast a couple of the TFo's with me they knocked 25.00 off as a repeat customer discount.
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

Maddog- Not trying to start anything here but you have to admit that you were looking to tell someone about your new rods, Which I may add that it is more than normal to do so. I would have probably done the same thing. It is human nature to brag about a new thing we are getting or just got. If you didn't want to brag just a bit you wouldn't have said anything. But I will also admit that the person at the shops was more than an *** over it. If it would have happened here I would have told the guy he was an ***. I have known most of the shop owners here for many years so I don't take any crap from them.
    In fact a few years back I had a newer guy in one shop make light of just about eveything I had to say. I told one of the other clerks in the store to tell him if he did it again I would take him out back and one of us wouldn't walk back into the store for awhile. I am to old to take crap off of a young jerk. It stopped right there and then. He dosen't work for that shop anymore thank goodness. Ron

PS: I am glad he didn't take me up on it he would have probably killed me.

Harold,

How ya been? Great post.

I was looking at some of the vises that they carried and this gentleman walks up and asked me if I was interested in buying one or just looking. I told him I had just bought a vise and was comparing the features of some I had not seen. Well he gets excited and tells me I just have to see this new vise that has just come in.
    If only more businesses had people like this gentleman we would all have better experiences. He knew you were not in the market for a vise, but his enthusiasm added to your experience and probably was a factor in your decision to buy what you did. It ain't rocket science; it is just being friendly and knowing how to treat your potential customers.

Jerry

------------------
    Dream the Life, Live the Dream
    Laugh at yourself first and all else falls into place
    Board of Directors, Valley Forge Trout Unlimited

[url=http://www.flyreeldots.com:aa9d6]FlyReelDots.com[/url:aa9d6]
    FAOL Sponsor
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

+ Reply to Thread