I recall that my favorite time to "light up" would be midstream on a cool crisp morning with sun rays filtering through the tall pines. When I exhaled a puff of smoke, it would fill the air around me. Remembering moments like that made me postpone quitting many times back then.
I am now a NON smoker and NOT an ANTI smoker. I firmly believe that smokers have rights as I do. I make choices rather than seek confrontations. If I invite you to my home, I invite your vices also. If you feel you want to smoke in my home I have no problem with that BUT I assume you will use some discretion.
Having said all that, I quit smoking on February 6, 1979 at 2:30 PM,Cold *** Turkey. Cigarettes were only $0.47 cents a pack ( hardly a dent). The reason I remember the exact circumstances is because I knew it would be a tough row to hoe and IF I was successful I wanted to keep that date as a fortification for my resolve.
Personally, I quit for fear of future health consequences.I'm curious as to the current general attitude of smokers especially with the rising costs and recent news.If you quit, how long have you been "off"? If you smoke,do you intend to quit and for what reason ( price or health or?) ? If you've never smoked, your attitude toward smoking?
I fully realize this is a provocative subject SO: If your neck veins swell while typing a response, delete same and go on to other " stuff".

Mark
PS: Anticipating the " Whats the purpose of posting this topic?" question. The answer is : Maybe bringing it to the forefront will help someone make choices they have thought about. And maybe not.

[This message has been edited by Marco (edited 12 August 2005).]