+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some People

Default Some People

Went fishing today to a small reservoir for gills & bass. The place is usually deserted on weekedays, but today one end was occupied by a couple of campers with tents, etc. When I opened the truck door I was greated by the sounds of a radio turned up loud enough to be heard half a mile away. I went to the far end of the lake, but that didn't help too much. Then the guy started yelling at his kids. I quess he either didn't care or didn't realize how far voices carry over water, but what he said would have made any old sailor blush. He then took out a chainsaw and proceeded to wack up a couple of trees for firewood (I guess) even though open fires are currently prohibited. To top it off they then decided to open up a pistol/rifle range on their end of the lake despite signs saying no shooting.

This lake is on private property and I would not be surprised to see it posted on my next visit.

Some folks don't have the brains the good Lord gave a peanut and I believe I ran into one of them.

I know this won't help, but I feel better.

Tim Anderson

I hate to ask Tim, But why didn't you contact the owner? He probably is not aware of what is happening and would have welcomed being
    told.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

I dunno, "getting involved" with some clowns who are equipped with guns and chainsaws isn't something I'd like to do on your basic week-day (or even Sat. or Sun. for that matter). However, either the owner or the law oughta know about those fools and their actions.

The great preponderance of outdoors folks are careful about taking care of their surroundings but there is always the rotten apple that will spoil the entire barrel unless it is culled out.

Panman, if you see these jackasses again, take their licence plate numbers and report them. Might save your good lake from being posted.

------------------
    Snow on the roof but with fire still in the hearth

[This message has been edited by Silvertop2 (edited 04 August 2005).]

I agree with going to the property owner. Possible downside is something that happened to me once...the "idiot" was a close friend of the owner, who was ok with anything the guy did. That spelled "no more fishing for me", & to be honest, fishing there under those conditions, it was no great loss to say goodbye.
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Don't know who owns the Reservoir and after listening to that guy curse up a storm I wasn't about to confront him. I'll try to get a license plate number if it happens again and turn it over to the appropriate authorities.

Tim Anderson

Tim there is a boat ramp at the end of my street that was privately owned, but the owner let anyone use it. the commercial fishermen (clammers and lobstermen) would launch there skiffs there, but make all kinds of racket and curse like, well, commercial fisherman, at five in the morning. so the owner decided to shut it down, the town couldn't let it happen, took it by emminent domain, the owner sued the town and was awarded $500,000 compensation for the ramp by a jury. So now my tax dollars are paying for these chuckleheads and their foul mouths...

Could it be that they were there by permission from the land owner?
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Permission or not,
    Laws are laws, Especially where posted.
    And all MUST comply,Doubt the landowner has the authority to override laws set forth by city/county Government...Just my humble opinion...

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

nighthawk Guest

I would contact your local Wildlife Conservation Officer just to let them know about the incident. Chances are that this isn't the only place that this knuckle head is doing this.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

In the words of Patrick Henry,"Give me liberty, or give me death!"

+ Reply to Thread