+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Catalogues

Default Catalogues

I don't know how much it costs to produce catalogues such as Cabella's Master catalogue etc but it must be a bunch of bucks. I havn't bought much lately but have tried to make up for it by leaving them at the Dr's office.

The office has a policy that mags more than a month old can be taken home by the patients. How can I indicate that the catalogue should remain in the office till the new one arrives without causing a minor riot amoung the patients? On the Master catalogue, which just arrived, I plan to glue a label with this info in it. (soons I get done with it myself). Any other Ideas?

Ol' Bill

Bill, i got mine yesterday. It's like a novel. I love it, but i'm with you--have to recycle it. After i go through it thoroughly i give it to a guy at work who is an avid hunter, and when he's done he brings it to his gun club.

Don't know if they use an in-house person/people to lay out the design, but for a 200 page Dermatology catalog my wife makes about $30,000 just to do the design and layout, including the covers. If I remember correctly, it costs something like $2 a peice to get them printed, bound and ready for shipment.

She has many times flipped though the Spring and Fall Master catalogs for Cabelas and commented that she would hate to do theirs, except for the $$ of course.

Don

Oh, and I look through mine too often to recycle them.
    Don Rolfson

recycled only AFTER the next one arrives!!

------------------
    Wyo-blizzard
    Wyo-Blizzard

JC,
    Yeah, that ought to do it ok. LMAO

Bill

Hey there JC;
    Gotta admit, ya gave me a chuckle with "that" one. In fact, I wish I would have said that.

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

The mailman dropped mine off at the door. i left it in the foyer and use it as a doorstop!

Blog Entries

I can heat my house for days on the catalogs I get every year. Or rather, every week all year long. Frankly, I would rather not get four each of every catalog plus the master every year, home and at work, but hey.

I read somewhere about how many trees they have to cut down to make the Victoria's Secret catalogs each year, and it was a large number. And for every silk fly line you own, one of those poor models has to go without...

Blog Entries

I had never been interested in buying silk fly lines until now...

+ Reply to Thread