+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The Invitation"

Default "The Invitation"

I received your invitation to the fishing tournament, however, your untimely communication on said invitation will make it impossible for me to participate in what appears to be a well thought out fishing adventure with some of the local color. However, much consideration was given to the extension of your hospitality, and much conversation ensued referencing the above mentioned material. Here are the considerations;
    1). It would be at least a twenty hour drive to Ipswich, leaving me slightly battered, therefore unable to step up my level of competitiveness rendering the competition unlevel and unfair.
    2). Assuming there is not an International Airport nearer than New Jersey, I would have to rob a local bank in order to afford the $1600, two-stop, non-refundable ticket, then drive from somewhere in NJ to the coast of Ipswich, therefore, once again, dulling my skills as a top-notch, saltwater flyfisherman to the point of useless (this considering there is anyone left in NJ since I truely believe they have all moved to Florida).
    3). I propose the invitaion was sent in delay to prevent the possible participant from showing up on the inviter's front door step with several bottles of cheap rum (half-full).
    4). I also propose the inviter purposely delayed the sending of the invitation in a deliberate attempt to spare embarrassment to the inviter and his comrades when invitee took the trophy back to Florida.

So I submit...send it earlier next time; I might just show up! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

a real pirate would have gotten in the car and driven!

and the last i checked, boston had an airport! sounds like your wussing out to me...

I thought the Boston airport was isolated by a bitty ol' construction project that is now "only" a zillion bucks or so over budget.

How come the folks out West didn't get an invite? Scared? (btw, "salt water" to me is the saline flavored condesation going down the side of my Margarita glass.)

------------------
    Snow on the roof but with fire still in the hearth

Don't be knocking Boston's big dig. Look how easy it is to get through Logan the 911 terrorists got through without any problems. It is easy to drive through as long as you are not afraid to bump to get through traffic and drive through construction zones.

------------------
    Who has time for stress when there are fish to catch.
    Nick
    Your hooks sharp????

DON'T KNOCK THE BIG DIG!!!

I paid for it. We who live in Western Mass, almost never drive on the roads that were rearranged and have not been able to get funding for the last three years to fix ANYTHING to do with roads, including bridges that are in dire need of repair. I put alot of money into that project and only about 90% of it was wasted (which is good for a state run project), so I am quite posessive about it. If you don't take good care and show respect for the big dig then the gov't might do it again in the next few years just to get is so the tunnels don't leak and the tiles don't fall off the underpass roofs etc.

Not that I'm bitter, no not me, it just sounds that way.

AAARRRGGGHHH

jed

Shhhhhh! I heard that the Big Dig is actually a plot by the Brits to get even with y'all dumping their tea all over the harbor.

Actually, I always felt a bit sorry for those folks that live out in Western Mass since the Blue Bloods of Boston (hmmmph)think that anything west of the belt line (is that Rt. 128?) is still owned by the Native Americans (to be PC).

Jed, ah'm jest a teasin y'know.

------------------
    Snow on the roof but with fire still in the hearth

And you guys wonder why you didn't get an invite????

Aw hell Dave, a real pirate wudda sailed into the hahbah and had some chowdah, then went stripah fishin'.
    (Jeeze, those guys get a little riled up over the dern airport thang. That's why I was gonna fly into NJ, so's I could sneak over to yer house)

Oh yeah...ST2, yeah bud, I understand the condesation deal, but if we saltwater guys thought there was a fish in that glass sweat, we'd throw a bug at it!*G*

What's wrong Micus you don't want to hang out with a few fellow New Englanders that will discover all your secrets and Orvis gear

------------------
    Who has time for stress when there are fish to catch.
    Nick
    Your hooks sharp????

+ Reply to Thread