+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pearsall's Silk Thread

Default Pearsall's Silk Thread

I have been using Pearsalls silk for quite a long time now and love wrapping with it. Here lately, I have been in the middle of wrapping on 3 different rods and right in the middle of a significant wrap, here is splice where they have spliced 2 ends together....very annoying. To the point that I am considering looking at alternative sources for silk thread. One would think that with the market presence that Pearsall's has in both rod building and in fly tying, they would refrain from splices in spools to yield a higher customer satisfaction level......

I don't have any of that thread,Am looking into getting another Bamboo blank and building it as traditional as possible.
    Just a matter of finding one I can afford.....yet still from a reputable builder.
    Perhaps I'll just use the old bi-color Gouberod thread I aquired a while back...Found a whole flat of the stuff,Never seen any thread rod or otherwise on wooden spools!.Aquired it from an old guy,who had once owned a shop in PA.

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

+ Reply to Thread