+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: monic fly line

The Monic flylines I have are all clear WF-F & the Airflo flylines are all clear WF-I. Only memory of coiling is when they have been on the reel for over a year & not stretched out in the sun & heat for an extended period of time. Next best cure: is that they were overheated in hot water while getting cleaned in a bathtub, whereas the bubblegum texture. Stretch it out & dress it up with line refurbishing liquid of choice & buff. Must have one big commercial weed-wacker !

Dave, you answered your own question about how they could endorse it when you mentioned the Mag..Fly Rod and Reel. Did you catch the issue about a year ago when the author said a small bluefish chomped down on a 1/0 stainless steel hook and cut it cleanly in two?1#@&*%??? You would think an editor would call the author and ask him if he had been self medicating...Instead, they chose to highlight that B.S. quote in italics next to a picture. Total loss of credibility. That was finis for me and that mag (glad I picked it up for nothing at the Bear's Den magazine swap..cause that what it's worth...NOTHING...ZIP, SQUAT, BUPKIS..)It just goes to prove my old fishing buddy's philosophy.."Believe nothing of what you hear, and half of what you see..." Better luck next time on the clear intermediate... Tight Lines, Jim

------------------
    "Knowledge is knowing, wisdom is understanding"

you know, Jim, you're absolutely right. this is the same mag that in the past has had 1)one of their editors win their fiction writing contest 2) Awarded Angler of the Year to Ted Turner for improving habitat (in other words, buying up land and keeping citizens off of it) and, most recently, 3) started a feature, "look who fly fishes" where we get to see, oh joy, a celebrity that fly fishes (because people magazine, extra, access hollywood, ad naseum, doesn't do a good enough job of pushing celebrities down our throats...).

[This message has been edited by D. Micus (edited 05 July 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread