+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hiring practices

Default Hiring practices

This has nothing to do with fishing....

I was with a customer last week and they were throwing a birthday party for one of the employees. During the party they decide on a new hiring practice.
    From now on the add they place in the paper will only have this....

Wanted good employee, only requirments birth month must be Oct, June, August.

These are the only months they do not have parties in. I have been invited to every party they have, and they throw one for me on Flat Dude's birthday. (ok we share the same birthday.. I should have left it..<grin>

Maybe this will make someone out there grin for just a second or two. I still smile everytime I think about it. They are a great company with wonderful employees. (I am teaching the owner to fly fish) Harold......

[This message has been edited by Harold Hattaway (edited 27 June 2005).]

Where do I apply - I have an October birthday. Sounds like a nice practice, a little recognition and break up of the daily grind.
    Pete

i think that those of us with december birthdays are gonna file a discrimination suit...

D. Micus,
    You would love working for them in the month of December, they have 3 birthdays they celebrate. Then they have a Christmas party where we all bring our favorite dishes. They call it graze day. Then they take everyone out for a Christmas dinner to a wonderful restaurant. Then on top of that they take Christmas Eve and New Years eve off. Along with the Holidays.
    And even though I am there only one day a week I get a Christmas bonus on top of everything else. Any wonder why I sign a 10 year contract with them.

Oh and they make Thanksgiving a 4 day weekend.

Harold

By the way the parties are always on Friday.
    Sure starts the weekend off right.

[This message has been edited by Harold Hattaway (edited 28 June 2005).]

Hey no fair... you guys should be treated like the rest of us.

------------------
    "If it was easy anybody could do it"
    Timothy S. Furey Sr.

I've got a June birthday. Do they have internships 'til I get out of college? And will they help me relocate?

Harold;
    Fill one of the open months with a pot luck where the men bring a dish cooked by them!
    Of course you must restrict the number of guys bringing chilli to 2 or 3 or you'll a 55 gal. drum of Pepto! Have the gals judge the dishes and award 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc prizes. I won a 1st for my meatloaf a couple of years ago.

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus AKA "Lucky Dog (Pirate Name)"

Jack:

You do not know these ladies, if we did that then they would expect it all the time... Naw,,,, we do have graze days once in a while there, we all make our special eats. This one lady takes the little hotdog things and cooks them in jelly. If I remember it is grape, man is it good. Another makes one of the greatest Greek salads. I make some dips and soups. I make a killer beefalo stew. I keep wanting to write it up and give it to LF, but everytime I start I get hungry and have to leave the computer.. <grin>

Harold

Hey there Jack;
    My kingdom , such as it is, for your first place meatloaf recipe. I happen to be a "konnasewer" of that dish and can hardly pass a truck stop betwixt here and Wyoming for a helping of their ( usually meatloaf) "blue plate special" ( yeah, that stuff with the gravy on it).
    Recipe will be much appreciated.

Mark
    PS: Lest you think that my cullinary horizons are limited to truckstops, I also dine at IHOP.
    ------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

[This message has been edited by Marco (edited 01 July 2005).]

Marco;
    My secret ingrediant is potato chips in stead of bread crumbs and I devide the the milk in half and adjust with catsup,

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus AKA "Lucky Dog (Pirate Name)"

+ Reply to Thread