+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attaboy: Hook and Hackle Co.!!!

Default Attaboy: Hook and Hackle Co.!!!

I wish all companies did business this way. I finally took the hint and tried these folks after reading about them here. Their service is terrific. The site easy to navigate, they shipped promptly, and the shipping cost was very reasonable. I ordered late on the 12th and had the dry fly neck on the 15th. I work in the air express industry, and I was very favorably impressed. I still like browsing flyshops, but this was cheaper than driving there, not finding what I needed and spending too much on "junk" that I didn't need.. I sent an email complimenting them on their efforts, and a couple of hours later- had a thank you sent back, from Bob Ellsworth. Well Done!

BTW, I did mention that I first heard about them here....

Ordered my second rod kit from them in a very short period of time..bought alot of kits and blanks from others ,but NEVER have I seen such generous "kits",the amount of supplies that comes with one kit "w/glue" will do more than one kits worth of building I've wanted an 8' 4 wt. for a long time now,and after hearing so many good things on here of the Forecast blanks,this is what I've settled on.
    Can't wait to get started on it,even with the holiday...the 3rd is my b-day too ....so I'm just going to have the better half hand this one to me and take it as her gift to me...so there will be an actual bright spot to turning 35....

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill

[This message has been edited by billknepp (edited 01 July 2005).]
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

I agree!! Hook and Hackle is something else!! I ordered two of the Forcast rod (6'6"2#4piece)on Monday, and they arrived yesterday (Friday). Hadn't planned on working on rod building this weekend...but, hey! Plus, they sent some of the nicest looking cork I've seen in a long time (no, it was ordered).

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I won't even go into all the things Bob at H&H has done for me in the last couple of years.
    Some people might think that he's in the business of giving away not selling.
    Let's just say that I ended up with a few bad blanks and he's done eveything he could to make it right
    Let me add that I've been a loyal customer for many years.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Bob should seriously consider packaging his business model and offering it (for a fee of course) to other net and catalog based businesses.

But you know, it probably just boils down to "Do the right thing, every time."

Jim

I was doing business with Hook and Hackle before I heard of FAOL or the internet for that matter....always the same story, great service, great prices and friendly folks.

+ Reply to Thread