+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FAOL on OLN

Default FAOL on OLN

Ok, Castwell won't spill the beans, but I will. OLN is going to do the following shows based on FAOL:

1. "Dude, where's my flats boat?" Our beloved Gary beaches his flats boat to go into town for a drink. After a few pops, he forgets where he left it and the camera follows him as he stumbles from beach to beach, frantically searching for his boat. Rated "R" for adult language.

2. "Northern Exposure." Canadian guide Chris Chin books a group of clients, only to discover they are practicing nudists. The wisdom of fishing barbless becomes apparent early on. Rated "R" for nudity.

3. "The Price is Right." A new weekly program where RonMt discusses the price of fly fishing gear. Rated "G".

4. "Angler Dave goes to White Castle." After a hard day of fishing, and a harder night of partying, Dave gets the munchies and goes out for sliders. Rated "R" due to adult themes.

That's the four in the can. There are some others being considered, such as "Salt Water Fishing in Ohio" (ha, that never gets old, does it Tuber), and an animated series, "Beavis and Benjo".

Any other suggestions?

[This message has been edited by D. Micus (edited 19 June 2005).]

How about,
    "Swimming with the Tide"..what moves out faster, a yak, or a Lithuanian yakker? See Dave swim. Go Dave go. Pant Dave pant. Gasp Dave gasp...etc, etc.
    LOL!...Beavis & Benjo
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Good idea.

#1 First session ends with Dude finding his boat sunk in his new pool and his gold fish bowl filled with the bait fish he netted early the previous night just before someone brough over a bottle of rum.

#2 Ends when all the guys get arrested for being in a fly fish only area, fishing with worms.

#3 Has DMicus giving a running commentary on how all the equipment is too expensive and you can use nailpolish to make flies or your dog's hair for dubbing or taking a tire iron and heating it up with matches taken from your local bar and annealing it to a surgically sharp edge so you can save 32 cents on a sharp instrument called a razor blade.

#4 Ends after AD eats the six White Caslte hamburgers he had to order to eaqual one regular sized hamburger. It was the onions and grease that brought him down.

D. Micus,

By mentioning White Castle, you brought back a vivid memory of my uncle taking me to Sheepshed Bay so we could go fishing for fluke on ne of the 'party boats'. We stopped in at the local White Castle and ordered about 2 dozen each. Those little square burgers were $0.12 each at the time.

What's the lowest price people recall for White Castle burgers?

Allan

How about Jacka** the Striper Fishing show where some pompous blowhard talks trash on trout fishermen, infuriates gear reps industry wide and extolls the virtues of Phluger Rods and reels, incidentally the only products that he can still get a pro deal on.

Steve Abel can be a guest and when he outfishes the host there can be a fist fight over the price of his reels. Abel will win the fight of course, after outfishing the host on his own home water.

Jed #3 -

You can do that???? What a great idea!

Jim

Allan,
    As I recall, it was $.12 each & I think (at least once), I got 12 for $1.00.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Me, no not me, but I am sure Dave can if it will save him a dime.

I bet he's an Orvis fisherman in disguise. He probably spends beacoup bucks on his Orvis rods and then hides the name on the rod so nobody knows.

jed

This is funnier'n hell!
    (so that's where my skiff is...)
    And just who will play Micus' part in the future movie I see coming?

What about "Micus Unlimited" or Survivor FAOL style, last one to get drunk and pass out wins. Contestants will have to build their own flyrods from bamboo and vines and use coconuts and palm leaves to tie flies for immunity, a get drunk for free pass.

------------------
    Who has time for stress when there are fish to catch.
    Nick
    Your hooks sharp????

+ Reply to Thread