....now, when you start carping about the local shop owners; or, the "little guy" going out of business: do a search here on FAOL and read the number of incidents reported of maltreatment or ignorance over the past 5 years alone and stop defending these idiots.

And, stop taking the abuse and returning for more. Tell the idiot or the owner exactly why you're taking your business elsewhere, or firing-up Cabela's, BassPro or Gatti and getting the same product, probably cheaper, with good service and no ignorance or abuse!

It's 40 minutes away, but there is a great place in central Jersey called Sportsmen's Center. The fly shop is run by a fellow named Bob Atticks. Several years ago when I was learning to tie, I was there and asked him a question about spinning deer hair. He stopped what he was doing and took me to the tying table; sat down and proceeded to give me a lesson: NO CHARGE! Then, he had me do it to make sure I understood.

So, I make the drive when needed, and, buy tons of stuff....

P.S. There were other customers in the shop that he told in his low-key manner, "he'd be right with them, shortly." They all waited!!!!!