+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roland Martin Has Crossed the Line!

Default Roland Martin Has Crossed the Line!

Just happened upon a segment of Rolands show in OLN and for pete's sake the man has lost it! This "Pro" lands a bass and then holds it up waste-high & vertically . Then Roland talks to his camera man, his guest and the audience about trivia totally unrelated to the poor bass who's very essence in draining from his flesh. Then Roland grabs for and displays a package of lures, juggle his rod and gives some infomercial-all this time with the fading Bass in the air being whipped around to and fro. Then Roland finally decides to see where all those treble hooks are dug into and slowly frees the Bass & pitches it dimisivally away and cuts to commercial.

It was very uncomfortable to watch. I did not hear a word the man was preaching; just saying outloud "Come On Man,put the "dang" fish back in the water!!!" If I would have been on deck I think I would have been tempted to bowl him over and leave him in the drink to bob like an overstuffed olive.

Someone stop this man

Rich

sowboat is all he is.Lost touch a long time ago.

He's been doing that for years. As do many of them. But it's not just him, ever watch how those scrubs on In fisherman handle a musky? Hand shoved up the gills with blood running out. Then they let them go and preach catch and release.

Even In my fanatical bass fishing years...R.M.'s show was a little hard to take at times. But you know...having personally released hundreds of bass over 16 years...I'll bet the bass did just fine.

------------------
    Regards
    nam

[This message has been edited by namekagon (edited 19 June 2005).]
    nam

Gentlemen:

BUT, why must a bass be held ( and at times, kissed) horizontally with ONE hand supported only by its' lower jaw??

Mark

Hello Friends;

I gave up on watching the bass guys when I got out of tourney fishing. I still watch a few salty shows, the ones that know how to handle fish. But RM has always been a little two rough on the fish for my part. And I will never understand holding the fish by the mouth and tilting it up. Kind of reminds me of moonshine, throw it over his shoulder and take a drink next.
    Kissing the fish I understand. But not hurting the poor thing. NOW remember our bass are very hardy. But if it took as long to do as read then Roland needs someone to talk to. One of you should take him trout fishing. IN person I hear he is a nice (loud) but nice guy. Maybe he would treat you to one of his famous shiner fishing trips. The live bait is about 8 inches long and you fish for bass. IF you decide to go let me know and I will loan you one of my salt water rigs. You would need a fly of about 10 inches long to emulate what he is doing. So at least a 12 wt rod. <grins>

Harold

And all we see is the take that they finally
    decided upon. Who knows how many takes were
    shot. Warm regards, Jim

His show just came on a little while ago...I told my son to change the channel as soon as I heard his opening song lyric "He's a great american fisherman...". I told Matt, "he is the most over-self promoted person in the world of fishing, change that to the history channel or something intelligent before he bomards us with a "product showcase".... lure of the week, YOU NEED THIS TO BE GREAT LIKE ME!!!!! Al Gag brought him to the Cape Cod National Seashore for a show once. I'm surprized Al hasn't been beaten sensless for that one...I keep checking the paper for an obituary.

"Walker's Cay Chronicles" is my favorite fishing show. I know Flip, and he is on TV as he is in person. [url=http://www.walkerscay.tv/:33fd4]http://www.walkerscay.tv/[/url:33fd4]
    Super nice guy and appreciates his surroundings. Hell with a flyrod, too.

In as far as the redfish tourney...they can kiss my a**. We (Coastal Conservation Association, Florida Conservation Association) worked out butts off to get the reds out of the commercial fishers hands and into gamefish status, and to see these idiots rip the lips off reds, dressed in their "sponsored-up" outfits makes me sick.

HI guys;
    I have a hint as to why Roland may be the way he is. A certain person close to me went fishing at the big lake last week. He stayed at the "Roland Martin Marina".
    He fished with a guide there. The guide told my contact that Roland had nothing to do with the marina any more and that his ex-wife had rights to his name and got the Marina in the divorce. According to the guide she has rights to his name for 10 years, now I do not know when the 10 years started... I think this only pertains to the marina.

NOW understand this is hearsay I did not hear it. But I believe it.
    I think the judge was a bass. And some how the fish got even with ole Roland.
    As someone used to say now that the rest of the story.....

+ Reply to Thread