+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A really Bit**y day!

Default A really Bit**y day!

Boy, better stay clear of me today! What's happened to manners? Can't even lift a finger to the keyboard to give a reply/response to a guy?

Twice I've sent a request to Dan Craft about materials and a catalog. No respose...no catalog. Hard to do business with a company that won't provide info.

While I'm grumping (re:bit**ing) When you do a favor for a person, involving many travel miles (500), gasoline for those miles (@$2.50 per gal), lodging ($65), materials (don't even ask!), and a lot of personal time and energy (2 days/1 night), shouldn't that person at least be acknowledged?

And then!!....

I bought a new computer two months ago, only to find out that there is a whole new operating system for it...that came out 10 days after I bought the computer. Now if I want that system upgrade it'll cost me $150.00!! As per yesterday, the store (Micro Center) said there wasn't anything they could do, even "if" the salesman knew about the new system when I bought the 'puter, saying "Looks like you got screwed" HONEST! That's what he said!! I was so angry, I had to leave the building. Thought I was going to puke on him...and probably should have!

What happened to integrety? Personal pride? Manners?

I tell you...stand clear!!

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I have never had a problem getting hold of Dan. Why not call him:

Ph# (541) 782-4404 / (cell phone) (541) 914-2656

He does have a PDF catalog, although it has some hard to read parts. Here's the link:
    [url=http://www.dancraftent.com/catalog.pdf:bb813]http://www.dancraftent.com/catalog.pdf[/url:bb813]

I don't know exactly what you mean by the second item.

As to the computer purchase, if you purchased with a credit card you should contact the credit card company. Most credit cards now come with buyer protection that may give you up to a six month satisfaction guarantee. Some states also have consumer protection laws that may give you the right to what you want.

------------------
    Joe

What happened to integrety? Personal pride? Manners?
    I know what happened. If you don't, pick up a copy of Liberalism is a Mental Disorder by Michael Savage.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Micheal Savage?? I guess if all you want to read is caustic attacks on everything. He might have something to say if he wasn't so darn angry at everyone and everything. Also most of his data comes from NewsMax and WorldNetDaily. Now there is a couple of non-biased news sources for you.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Hey! Don't try to gloss over my indignation and anger with reason or logic! I so rarely get like this, I need to revel in it a while!

Actually, the credit card company doesn't give a hoot...it's a store card, and it's paid in full. They got no dog in the pile.

Dan Croft could have taken two seconds to tell me about their catalog (pdf). I shouldn't have to call him. He had mail he didn't answer.

The other is a personal gripe (aka bi**h).
    I was asked to tie flies for a Kids Day of Fishing. I sat in one place for 7 hours, and tied over 200 flies, and the group that invited me never said "hi", "boo!", "hey", or "nay". They had their chance...and, no, I won't do that again.

I don't like being a potted plant. And that's what I was treated like in all three cases.

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

nighthawk Guest

It's O.K. Betty. You just let it rip for a spell. Does a person good to kick, scream, shout and puke from time to time. I hit a deer on the way to work this morning. I had a choice between the deer, concrete barrier on the left or the tractor trailer on the right. I'm sort of in the same mind set you are right now. Now lets see, where did I put that shiney new can of whupp a**.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

Your attitude determines your altitude!

Boy am I glad I answered Betty's e-mail before I logged onto the board.
    Betty; No excuses for Dan but I'll bet he will answer you and have a really good reason for not getting back to you sooner. Maybe he was like me and went fishing and forgot to turn on his autoresponder. A mistake I will not make again, well at least I hope not.

So Betty, I hope my e-mail made you smile a little.

Hugs
    Harold

I will vouch for Dan Craft,the only time I haven't gotten a response from him the same day I emailed him was when he was at a show.
    Then I got a apology for the slow response.
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

Hey Eric!
    What a great way to handle stress- "a brand new can of whupp a$$". I'm gonn market that stuff and you're gonna wish you kept your mouth shut. SO THERE!!!

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

[This message has been edited by Marco (edited 09 June 2005).]

Betty, love ya...

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

+ Reply to Thread